Woking friendly

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

A draw against a full time side, thought we had the better of the second half and but for a couple of saves first by ex keeper Smith and then by another ex keeper Ross we could have won. On reflection,a good result. Cox played most of the second half and looked an improvement on Brown who is still leaning his role.
Lord Elpus

Classic game of two halves wasn't it...thought we looked distinctly out of sorts in the first half but could have won it in the second. Could well have won it, as Shep said. Thank goodness these friendlies are over now though, really looking forward to next Saturday.
TW10

Played v well second half, loads of chances v strong woking side.. looks good for next week.
HamptonMad

As a Full time team i thought Woking were very poor. Can't see Dowson lasting till Christmas. We should have beaten them.
RogerB

Could someone please tell me the 2nd half subs and who they replaced? I can see from Thom's photos that Cox, Anderson,Daniel and Muir all featured but who was the No. 8?
Shepperton Supporter

No 8 was a trialist who played in central midfield. Understand he is at AFC Wimbledon so Gary might want him on loan?
Tony

Wasn’t at the game but Twitter suggests he could be Alfie Bendle, just signed as a scholar by AFCW.

From Gary’s post match comments, sounds like he is keen to get the lad in on loan. Only 16/17 years old so must be well rated by AFCW.
Whoryer

Thought 1st half too many long balls thought they tried to pass it more 2nd half.Shame the Daniel shot didn't go in a shot with that power and swerve deserved a goal