FA Cup Walton Casuals

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

I see amongst the ex Beavers, Casuals include Abdul Osman, Shaun McAuley and Joe Wotton. Osman is now 34 but probably playing below his current best level. Not sure how strong we will be given injuries and loan players probably not available so could be a close game.
Shepperton Supporter

Agree Tony, could be a very difficult fixture given the number of players that potentially will not be available. We also have to contend with an artificial pitch.
Will look at the lineup to perhaps gauge the possible outcome?
Big Rich

3-0 good win in the end.
Mucky knees

BR, a good win, I think not we could e been at least three goals down before we scored the opener!

MK
Lord Elpus

Well I think the phrase "good win" is overstating it somewhat. With better finishing, Casuals would have been ahead at half time and were unlucky with a header later on. Not at our best today, but a win is a win and all that...
Tony

Thought we were very poor yet again in the first half apart from the usual performers, Wassmer, Donaldson and Julian. Slightly better in the second and gifted a second by a poor back pass which Fisher tucked away neatly. Good to see a late cameo by Deadfield who scored a penalty. The loan players much less impressive today although Hagen had a couple of good moments. Midfield again was struggling to win and retain the ball.
Big Rich

I thought the segregation was unnecessary, unless this was an external requirement. I heard the police were there at the end - I hope no one damaged the club car HM?
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:36 pm I thought the segregation was unnecessary, unless this was an external requirement. I heard the police were there at the end - I hope no one damaged the club car HM?
Club car fine Big Rich. Parked in Sunbury Cricket club and caught the ferry over. . I thought 0. 3 was a bit lucky.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shepperton Supporter

I read that the attendance today of 658 is a record for Walton Casuals. How we came off at half time in the lead was very surprising. In the second half when we grabbed the second, our hosts started to fade and it got easier to play out the game. The penalty was the icing on the cake. Nice to see Sam Deadfield making his first appearance of the season.
Hope to see more of the injured back soon.
Big Rich

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:28 pm I read that the attendance today of 658 is a record for Walton Casuals. How we came off at half time in the lead was very surprising. In the second half when we grabbed the second, our hosts started to fade and it got easier to play out the game. The penalty was the icing on the cake. Nice to see Sam Deadfield making his first appearance of the season.
Hope to see more of the injured back soon.
Wikipedia says “Record attendance: 1,748 (v AFC Wimbledon, Combined Counties Premier Division, 12 April 2004)” so either it’s wrong, or it’s a record for the new stadium?
Shepperton Supporter

I am just quoting their site. It looks like the record is for their new stadium.
GRTourist

A match album from the game today:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWLQpyg