Rest of the season?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

I think the plaque came before he joined the board ( he was then chairman of the FA). This will be covered in the new book but the idea was to use his contacts to help the club and a new business plan was written around that time. Nothing came of it though.
RogerSW

It looks like the non-league restructure is going ahead.

I don't know whether that includes increasing the number of teams in NLN and NLS to 24, or not:

The FA Alliance & Leagues committees have recommended that the non-league restructure takes place.

Under the proposal 110 clubs at Steps 5-7 will be 'upwardly moved' (20 at Step 5, 60 at Step 6, 30 at Step 7).

Here's the proposed timeline for the next stages of the process: https://t.co/tgAJLdnrqN
Tony

So the vote of no confidence in the league management board was 33 in favour, 29 against and 4 abstentions. So that’s not carried then. As you know the NLN and NLS only get 4 votes each and the NL, with 23 votes voted against. Do we carry on as before or will Mark Ives make any attempt to rebalance the voting rights? Hard to see the NL allowing giving up their voting stranglehold.
Shepperton Supporter

Cannot see ‘Turkeys voting for Christmas ‘!
Lord Elpus

I bet the clown at Dorking has gone absolutely apoplectic. Good.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:13 pm So the vote of no confidence in the league management board was 33 in favour, 29 against and 4 abstentions. So that’s not carried then. As you know the NLN and NLS only get 4 votes each and the NL, with 23 votes voted against. Do we carry on as before or will Mark Ives make any attempt to rebalance the voting rights? Hard to see the NL allowing giving up their voting stranglehold.
This needs reforming, each club should have an equal vote, it is the "National League" with 3 divisions, Premier, North and South. Just because the Premier is a higher step, doesn't mean the clubs are any more, or any less important, especially when any club is only one season from moving up or down between them.
It's effectively voting like a super league.
Big boys protecting their own. It needs to stop.
Tony

I can’t see why NL clubs would vote to reduce their voting power which would inevitably end up with funding being redistributed towards NLN/S. Nor can I see the FA intervening to make changes. What sponsorship the NL can raise will largely depend on the larger clubs at NL level not the likes of us or Hungerford. The NL started as one division to which two further divisions were added. You had to accept that you were not equal when accepting a place in NLS/N.