Rest of the season?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Whoryer

I don't get why they have got 28 days to give an answer.If the season ends up null and void what a waste of time,surely all clubs know their answer now,and could vote now.
Whoryer

Votes 1 and 4 are heavily weighted in favour of the National League clubs,so can see the season continuing.Just hope us and the other smaller clubs in the league survive if that does happen
Tony

The nightmare scenario is if clubs in NLN and NLS get forced to continue against their wishes. Legally can they be forced to take loans if the directors do not believe they could repay them? They cannot knowingly put their clubs into an insolvent position. The only option would be to resign from the league. The Concord chairman is showing some leadership on this issue.Feels like the NL is asking clubs to make decisions without the full facts and also any assurance that they would receive a loan even if they applied for one.
Rob Overfield

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/na ... ions-65069

Resolution one is asking if the decision about continuing the season be made by the league as whole or decided by each of the individual steps.

Basically if resolution one is carried (requiring a 75%+, majority of 24 votes from 31), it then passes to each step to decide on a one club/one vote with a 50%+ majority required) on resolutions 2 & 3.

If either of resolutions 2 & 3 are carried, the whole of the season for that step is then declared null and void. If it fails, then the season continues.

If resolution one is not carried then resolution four will be required, needing the 75% majority to be carried. If this vote is carried, all leagues will be null and void, if it fails then the season continues.

I think that’s how it works.
Lord Elpus

It's basically a huge mess isn't it? Hope common sense prevails but I'd honestly rather see us resign from the league than put the club's entire future in danger.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Lord Elpus wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:36 pm It's basically a huge mess isn't it?
That was certainly my considered opinion after spending half an hour reading about it all...
RogerSW

I think this isn't helpful for the National League

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medica ... 1604947638
Tony

Seems like the NL is applying pressure for clubs to resume games this week without the the various votes being resolved. NLN clubs in particular are not keen to carry on so we could be heading for a bit of a showdown. The NL executive really need to see the outcome of the voting before they ask clubs to play again otherwise they are asking them to waste money when the season could easily become null and void in the next couple of weeks. Is there really any harm in extending the suspension until clubs provide their responses? Some tactical Covid cases may be needed!
HamptonMad

Does anyone know if we are playing at Tonbridge on Saturday. Thank you.
Lord Elpus

Tony wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:51 am Seems like the NL is applying pressure for clubs to resume games this week without the the various votes being resolved. NLN clubs in particular are not keen to carry on so we could be heading for a bit of a showdown. The NL executive really need to see the outcome of the voting before they ask clubs to play again otherwise they are asking them to waste money when the season could easily become null and void in the next couple of weeks. Is there really any harm in extending the suspension until clubs provide their responses? Some tactical Covid cases may be needed!
Yes, isn't this ridiculous. Completely agree. Incidentally, we are being very quiet on this as usual aren't we? I'd like to know our position on it. I say well done to those clubs who are prepared to stick their neck out and say they can't continue.
TW16Brucie

According to FOTMOB and football web pages we are playing Tonbridge on Saturday? Then at home on Tuesday?
Do they know something that we at the club are supposed to know?
Mucky knees

Larry originally we were supposed to be away to Maidstone this Saturday

But the stones are away to our old friends Hornchurch that afternoon in the FA trophy.

So the Tonbridge game must've been hastily rearranged as both Tonbridge and ourselves are out the trophy...

MK