Rest of the season?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW16Brucie

For heavens sake MK, this is a forum for matters about out fantastic club, not a forum for home schooling.
Tony

NLS is due to resume on 6 February. How the funding situation is going to be resolved in a week I don’t know. Even if clubs were to seek grants rather than loans, it is a 4 to 6 week period before approval and even then I doubt they will allow the grant to be used to pay wages. Grants only available if clubs can demonstrate they can’t repay a loan. Pretty much all clubs will be able show they can’t repay as they all run at a loss requiring shareholders to put in further capital to balance the books. Shareholders can just refuse to put in further capital. DCMS will probably then say cut your playing budget rather than offer a grant to cover. So could could be forced to play out the season with the Academy/ Youth teams just to fulfil the fixtures.
Lord Elpus

Looking at social media stuff today, there seem to be a few clubs wanting to play on and finish the season come what may. I can only conclude they have very deep pockets indeed.
Tony

A bit more information. It seems that even if clubs take a loan, one the conditions is that wages are capped at a level below current furlough levels. This could cause some difficulty for many clubs.
Lord Elpus

Tony wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:52 pm A bit more information. It seems that even if clubs take a loan, one the conditions is that wages are capped at a level below current furlough levels. This could cause some difficulty for many clubs.
So that must mean that if you have a lot of players on contract, where the amount of pay is clearly specified and presumably you can't get away with lowering that amount, then you can't really apply for any loans?
Tony

Not sure of exact rules but seems that you would only be allowed to pay less than current furlough level of wages and hence where players are on a contract at higher levels the clubs would have to fund the difference. So roughly 30-40% still needs to come from club’s own resources. My own interpretation I hazard to add.
TW16Brucie

It seems to me that if the season continues the only interest will be about promotion? There surely can’t be any demotion as the lower leagues have ended. Therefore many clubs will have no interest in playing. Also why would they want to spend any monies for nothing?
Lord Elpus

I see there is a petition to get the govt to change its mind about funding being given in loans and not grants. Don't think there's much chance but it's worth a try. A far better bet would be to get Nicola Sturgeon to announce it in Scotland...our government usually follow suit about a week later! 🙄
Tony

Maybe get Marcus Rashford on the case!
HamptonMad

Well i am sure Marcus Rashford would do a better job than The National league Chairman.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mucky knees

HM BB probably knows more about non league football than you know about club cars and step ladders!!! ;-)
Rob Overfield

The vote.(https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/na ... ions-65069)

Here’s how it all works out, according to the Non League paper

ALL clubs (Steps 1/2) vote on Resolution 1 (to split the vote between Steps) AND Res 4 (to end Steps 1/2)

If Res 1 is passed: Steps 1 and 2 vote SEPARATELY on their seasons

If Res 1 is voted against: the votes for Res 4 will be counted
—-

Resolutions 1 and 4 are weighted in Step 1's favour - each Step 1 club has one vote whereas each Step 2 division is worth 4 votes

Resolution 1 (Special Resolution) needs a 75% majority to be passed

Resolutions 2, 3 and 4 (Ordinary Resolutions) need more than 50% to be passed.