Rest of the season?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:31 pm
TW12 larry wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:32 pm Rob, will you be doing Radio Beever?
(joke) only if an insufficient number of people object... (/joke)
Tonbridge are refusing permission for radio coverage to protect the income from the video stream. If you want to follow the game everyone, that’s your only option, sorry.
RichD

Well out of all the unbelievable things that has come out of this fiasco, this tops the lot. I trust that no Hampton supporter will be lining the Tonbridge coffers. I will make a donation to our own streaming service.
Rob Overfield

RichD wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:17 pm Well out of all the unbelievable things that has come out of this fiasco, this tops the lot. I trust that no Hampton supporter will be lining the Tonbridge coffers. I will make a donation to our own streaming service.
Apparently Hemel were similarly refused, earlier in the season.
Tony

Ah! The great non league family at its best! Will they allow a Twitter feed?
Rob Overfield

Yes... there will be that.
Mucky knees

Probably won't be played. Waterlogged pitch

MK
TangerineBeaver

Just removed my post having seen the topic lurking on this thread . I hope no Hampton fan buys their stream
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Perhaps the Tonbridge home fixture in April would be a good time to trial charging for our live stream (Beavers season ticket holders, trust members and donors having received free pass codes, of course)?

To be honest, I can understand that they are trying to protect their revenue and I will purchase as I want to watch the game, but they can't complain about similar restrictions being placed on them at Beveree in April.
Big Rich

When are the results of voting on the National League’s resolutions expected?
Rob Overfield

Big Rich wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:15 pm When are the results of voting on the National League’s resolutions expected?
When everyone who’s going to vote, votes, I guess. The 28 day period is what’s in the League rules, I believe.
Tony

It could be that NLN null and void votes will carry the day and end the season. No surprise that Dorking would like a reduced NLS competition for those clubs would would prefer to continue. The desperation for promotion is palpable. Quite how that would work is not clear except that Dorking would be top.
Tony

With some clubs refusing to play on Saturday despite the league threatening sanctions, what sanctions will be now levied. A points deduction will have no effect given that there is no relegation, unless the deduction is applied to next season. How many points would be adequate punishment? The alternative will be a fine, again how much? Clubs will calculate whether it is worth taking the fine compared to being forced into taking a loan. If they don’t pay up the next step would be to expel them from the league. Could the league really withstand this if enough clubs take a stance, possibly losing half the teams? Failure to impose any sanctions will just make the league look even weaker and open the floodgates so they have to be seen to take action.

I see the Dover chairman has just resigned from the league board in protest. The solidarity of the league has fractured and it is going to be hard to put the pieces back together again. What happens next season if half the teams have been expelled or resigned? Could they be replaced by teams from Step 3 who themselves have hardly played any games? Could we end up with just a NL Division 2?