Club statement

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Rob Overfield

Looking at publicly made announcements about votes made plus public statements indicating support for one side or the other, it would appear that resolution one will pass.

Then resolutions two and three will come into play, and it would appear there is enough votes to carry the resolution to null and void step two. Not confirmed but indications are leaning that way.
HamptonMad

So you are just guessing what is going to happen. Marc White is of the opposite opinion to you. Guess we will have to wait for the result and see what is happening,
Rob Overfield

I might have a better idea than Mr White, I do research.

30 step three clubs have announced their votes in public.

Resolution 3 only (43 clubs voting)
17 have already announced a vote to Null and Void the season
13 have stated a preference to continue.

7 of the others have stated a desire to null & void the season but have not stated a definitive vote.

4 have stated a preference to continue but have not announced a vote.

2 clubs have not made statements either way.

It all depends on resolution one and fewer clubs have stated the way they voted here. In step two, resolution one votes are in the main mirroring resolution three votes.

So possibly mr White is playing a Machiavellian strategy, of hoping R1 is defeated so it goes to R4 and the block voting, which would probably be carried by the NL votes to continue.
Jamie

TW10 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:56 pm If we have to fulfil fixtures - quickly assemble a team of unpaid players...just put the word out, there many will just be happy to play
Why should academy or others play for free?

Oh you're replacing a guy who gets £300 a week, but we want you to play for free.
Tony

If you listen to the club podcast the chairman says that they looked at asking players to take a big cut in wages but still could not make that work financially. Now I have no idea about how big a cut was requested but you have to remember players will probably be better off on furlough or possibly by finding another club. I assume that we could only continue with virtually no player wages so whoever plays is going to have to accept the position. Some players, and there are a lot not playing at the moment, or Academy lads, might see this as an opportunity to showcase their talent.
Tony

One question not asked in the podcast is what happens it the league votes to continue. Are we considering going down the Tonbridge and Maidstone route of furloughing then squad and playing a scratch side?
Adam

Jamie wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:27 am
TW10 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:56 pm If we have to fulfil fixtures - quickly assemble a team of unpaid players...just put the word out, there many will just be happy to play

Oh you're replacing a guy who gets £300 a week, but we want you to play for free.
"Hello Mr player you know you can't play football as you don't play for an elite club. Do you fancy playing some football for us, unfortunately we can't afford to pay anyone but you will get to play football." I'm sure you'd still find 11 players out there from lower levels that have hardly played in the last year that would love to play for the love of the game.

I guess the issue will be is that each player will need to be registered. Not sure how much that costs but if we sign up 20 amateur players that still costs money. Plus the games still won't cost nothing as you'd have the officials and the floodlights to pay for.
Jamie

Adam wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:14 pm
Jamie wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:27 am

"Hello Mr player you know you can't play football as you don't play for an elite club. Do you fancy playing some football for us, unfortunately we can't afford to pay anyone but you will get to play football." I'm sure you'd still find 11 players out there from lower levels that have hardly played in the last year that would love to play for the love of the game.

I guess the issue will be is that each player will need to be registered. Not sure how much that costs but if we sign up 20 amateur players that still costs money. Plus the games still won't cost nothing as you'd have the officials and the floodlights to pay for.

Adam,
you will always find people who will play for free or very little, for the chance to step up some levels, but will they be competitive? More likely an "agent" turning up with a load of lads they have signed and paid fees.
Will a decent calibre player want to play for free and risk injury and losing earnings in the future?
The game has come on so much in the last 10 years, a lot of players even at step 2 see it as a real way to go pro, and commit to full time training or alongside fitness jobs.

It's not a case of just fulfilling games really. It is going to be a weird end to the season if things continue. Let's hope a null & void happens, and clubs can use the next few months to plan, and hopefully having fans back for the start of the new season.
Tony

Tonbridge have signed 16 new players so will be interesting to see their caliber if they ever have to play.
Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:44 am I might have a better idea than Mr White, I do research.

30 step three clubs have announced their votes in public.

Resolution 3 only (43 clubs voting)
17 have already announced a vote to Null and Void the season
13 have stated a preference to continue.

7 of the others have stated a desire to null & void the season but have not stated a definitive vote.

4 have stated a preference to continue but have not announced a vote.

2 clubs have not made statements either way.

It all depends on resolution one and fewer clubs have stated the way they voted here. In step two, resolution one votes are in the main mirroring resolution three votes.

So possibly mr White is playing a Machiavellian strategy, of hoping R1 is defeated so it goes to R4 and the block voting, which would probably be carried by the NL votes to continue.
So let me see if I was right about step two...

N&V - 17 definite and 7 probables = 24
Continue - 13 definite and 4 probables = 17.
Vote unpublished = 2

As per above.

And what was the result? 24-19 in favour of null and void.

Like I said, I do research, and Mr White is now showing his true colours, as he didn't.

Apology, Mr HM?
HamptonMad

Apology Accepted.
Rob Overfield

HamptonMad wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:02 am Apology Accepted.
None offered, obtuse one...?