Middlesex Senior Cup??

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Stanwell Beaver

I believe the County FA is recommending that Clubs play this season's competition if possible...maybe much later as some kind of (pre) pre-season in late May, perhaps? I recall we drew Hayes & Yeading United away, so maybe a slim chance of getting a game or two in with some fans in attendance in a couple of months time????
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

I have never been so excited about the prospect of a Middlesex Senior Cup game...! :lol:

Here is the draw listed on Middx FA website...

1st Round
CB Hounslow United vs Spelthorne Sports
Southall vs Hanworth Villa
North Greenford United vs Wembley

2nd Round
Staines Town vs Hendon
Hanwell Town vs Brentford B
Northwood vs Harrow Borough
Harefield United vs Uxbridge
Southall or Hanworth Villa vs Broadfields United
Hayes & Yeading United vs Hampton & RB
Ashford Town vs North Greenford United or Wembley
Enfield Town vs CB Hounslow United or Spelthorne Sports
Jamie

It doesn't make any sense to play it.
Clubs furloughing players, and lower level having not played.
It would make sense to just wait until pre season now to restart everything.
The leagues have been null and voided, so the county cups should be the same.

Imagine how good the groundpeople can get pitches if given all this time for pre season!

Hopefully the local pro clubs help out by agreeing to local friendlies and given clubs bumper crowds too!
Stanwell Beaver

I agree 100% about the prospect of Premier League / Football League clubs helping out the non-league fraternity in the coming pre-season. It's not like those Clubs will be able to embark on there worthless tours of the USA and far-east, after all. Let's hope for some BIG PSFs at the Beveree with some bumper crowds to boost the coffers ahead of the new season.
Lord Elpus

Stanwell Beaver wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:27 pm I agree 100% about the prospect of Premier League / Football League clubs helping out the non-league fraternity in the coming pre-season. It's not like those Clubs will be able to embark on there worthless tours of the USA and far-east, after all. Let's hope for some BIG PSFs at the Beveree with some bumper crowds to boost the coffers ahead of the new season.
Totally agree with that. Our local "big" club Brentford haven't exactly done us many favours at all in the last few years have they? About time they gave us a game, especially in our centenary year.
Jamie

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:13 pm
Stanwell Beaver wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:27 pm I agree 100% about the prospect of Premier League / Football League clubs helping out the non-league fraternity in the coming pre-season. It's not like those Clubs will be able to embark on there worthless tours of the USA and far-east, after all. Let's hope for some BIG PSFs at the Beveree with some bumper crowds to boost the coffers ahead of the new season.
Totally agree with that. Our local "big" club Brentford haven't exactly done us many favours at all in the last few years have they? About time they gave us a game, especially in our centenary year.

But have HRBFC kept in contact with these clubs, and made approaches? The pro clubs won't just be calling up non league sides offering their services. You have to build and maintain contacts, and call in favours.
Doesn't Sam Cox work for Spurs? Have the club asked him, if only against a Spurs XI, could easily generate a 2000+ gate at "Chris Sweet Beveree Stadium", people will be desperate to watch live sport when allowed.
HamptonMad

Not sure i would be desperate to watch Spurs.
TW3 Beaver

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:13 pm

Totally agree with that. Our local "big" club Brentford haven't exactly done us many favours at all in the last few years have they?
Didn't some of the 'news seating in Hammonds come from Brentford?
Tony

I think we are approaching the likes of Brentford and Fulham regarding our centenary celebrations. You have to be realistic that the gulf between us and these clubs is huge compared to a few seasons ago and they are not going to risk fielding their top players against a Step 6 side. It would be rather one sided to say the least. If they send a U23 side does that really attract much of a crowd? You would probably get more if you invited Dulwich Hamlet or AFCW.
Lord Elpus

Tony wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:33 am I think we are approaching the likes of Brentford and Fulham regarding our centenary celebrations. You have to be realistic that the gulf between us and these clubs is huge compared to a few seasons ago and they are not going to risk fielding their top players against a Step 6 side. It would be rather one sided to say the least. If they send a U23 side does that really attract much of a crowd? You would probably get more if you invited Dulwich Hamlet or AFCW.
Actually that's a really good point. We simply aren't going to get anything near a first team from Brentford or Fulham so maybe AFC Wimbledon would be a better bet, as irritating as their supporters can be, quite a few of them would potentially turn up. There's no doubt that there is a little bit of history between the two clubs, and I wonder if any of our current club media hierarchy were around when we were playing them? AFCW are always so drooled over by the media as well, so we might get a fair bit of publicity out of it.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:33 am I think we are approaching the likes of Brentford and Fulham regarding our centenary celebrations. You have to be realistic that the gulf between us and these clubs is huge compared to a few seasons ago and they are not going to risk fielding their top players against a Step 6 side. It would be rather one sided to say the least. If they send a U23 side does that really attract much of a crowd? You would probably get more if you invited Dulwich Hamlet or AFCW.

HRBFC v Spurs u23s..... game I went to a few years a go, I would say if quote some of the names from that day would attract a decent crowd.
Tom Carroll, Jake Livermore, Andros Townsend, Ryan Mason, all have since had very good careers, and pretty such 3 of those have played for the full England team....
oh also the goalscorer was a certain Harry Kane!!!

No fans at grounds for a year, there would be a massive crowd regardless of opposition, people are desperate to get their football fix.
Tony

I don't think they were as well known then!