Middlesex Senior Cup??

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Rob Overfield

Lord Elpus wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:43 am
Tony wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:33 am I think we are approaching the likes of Brentford and Fulham regarding our centenary celebrations. You have to be realistic that the gulf between us and these clubs is huge compared to a few seasons ago and they are not going to risk fielding their top players against a Step 6 side. It would be rather one sided to say the least. If they send a U23 side does that really attract much of a crowd? You would probably get more if you invited Dulwich Hamlet or AFCW.
Actually that's a really good point. We simply aren't going to get anything near a first team from Brentford or Fulham so maybe AFC Wimbledon would be a better bet, as irritating as their supporters can be, quite a few of them would potentially turn up. There's no doubt that there is a little bit of history between the two clubs, and I wonder if any of our current club media hierarchy were around when we were playing them? AFCW are always so drooled over by the media as well, so we might get a fair bit of publicity out of it.
I was around the club as a supporter in 2008-09 when we were runners up to them, and was at the playoff final against Hayes & Yeading. I remember a match at Kingsmeadow as my first away match following the Beavers, but think it was the season before as it was when Craig Tanner had his leg busted... of course I’m probably wrong about which season.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:20 pm I don't think they were as well known then!
Who?
The players weren't that well known then?
That is my exact point!!!

Supporters get to see stars of the future.

social media posts... "last time we played Spurs XI" with pictures of England internationals.

I'm actually gobsmacked people don't realise how big crowds will be, no one has been able to see football at any level. There will be some massive pre season crowds.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:20 pm I don't think they were as well known then!
That was the point. So if played a u23s this time, it gets advertised mentioning the stars of the future people have got to see at Hampton previously.
Jamie

Back to the title of the thread.
Next round has been announced and drawn.
(I think it's farcical that in a null and void season this is going ahead, but anyhow)

Hampton Vs Spelthorne Sports
matches to be played w/c 12th April.

It was actually listed as "Hampton" so not sure if the club has to use players from pre 1998? That would be fun. Haha

But, what an opportunity!! The government restrictions change on 12th April allowing pub, bars etc to serve outside..... so that means with this home game, and everyone desperate to watch football, HRBFC will be able to generate to really good income. I imagine it may need to be an academy team taking to the pitch if the 1st team are on furlough, but even so, should get at least a couple of hundred in the ground, bar and food open ££££.

Nice little boost to the finances.
HamptonMad

Jamie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:16 am Back to the title of the thread.
Next round has been announced and drawn.
(I think it's farcical that in a null and void season this is going ahead, but anyhow)

Hampton Vs Spelthorne Sports
matches to be played w/c 12th April.

It was actually listed as "Hampton" so not sure if the club has to use players from pre 1998? That would be fun. Haha

But, what an opportunity!! The government restrictions change on 12th April allowing pub, bars etc to serve outside..... so that means with this home game, and everyone desperate to watch football, HRBFC will be able to generate to really good income. I imagine it may need to be an academy team taking to the pitch if the 1st team are on furlough, but even so, should get at least a couple of hundred in the ground, bar and food open ££££.

Nice little boost to the finances.
Best wait and see what The Club Statement says. I have my doubts the game will take place.
Rob Overfield

The game will be taking place HM, I’ve seen the discussions.

Not sure how it’ll be managed re fans though.
Tony

Doubt any fans will be allowed given our elite status. A contractual obligation if ever there was one.
Rob Overfield

Outdoor sports events only allowed to have supporters from May 17th, I think. You’ll just have to hope the media team will provide a stream, which I would expect they would.
HamptonMad

Rob Overfield wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:04 pm Outdoor sports events only allowed to have supporters from May 17th, I think. You’ll just have to hope the media team will provide a stream, which I would expect they would.
SATURDAY May 8th. Start of Surrey Cricket Championship 1st division Sunbury v Normandy. Enclosed ground and No limit on spectators. Weybridge v East Molesey Hampton Hill v Long Ditton .150 league matches . Just turn up and watch no testing.
Rob Overfield

HamptonMad wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:20 pm
Rob Overfield wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:04 pm Outdoor sports events only allowed to have supporters from May 17th, I think. You’ll just have to hope the media team will provide a stream, which I would expect they would.
SATURDAY May 8th. Start of Surrey Cricket Championship 1st division Sunbury v Normandy. Enclosed ground and No limit on spectators. Weybridge v East Molesey Hampton Hill v Long Ditton .150 league matches . Just turn up and watch no testing.
Not elite sport and it’s not football, so the relevance of your example is dubious.

Rules are the rules, you may not like them, but the club will have to adhere to them. If this is going to be the case, then there’s no point thinking of turning up, as the gates will be closed.
HamptonMad

Surrey Championship is elite sport one level below County Championship. You don't have a clue .
Rob Overfield

Have you documentary evidence the Surrey Championship has been designated as Elite level sport?