Middlesex Senior Cup??

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

Mucky knees wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:20 pm Bot forgetting Nashy (David Nashy) and Adam London who's now director of cricket at Richmond cricket club..

MK
Yes David Nash great keeper, played for Sunbury & Middlesex. Comes and watches Hampton matches with Chris Page. Looking at the leagues Sunbury are more Elite in Cricket than Hampton at football.
Jamie

Rob Overfield wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:49 pm
Jamie wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:18 pm
Regardless of first team players, or academy players, it will still be a "1st team fixture" just as Aston Villa had to play the kids versus Liverpool in the FA Cup.

Fans cannot attend, however the bar can open and serve drinks outside, but would have to put a screen up so you cannot watch the game.
Worth doing though surely, to get much needed bar income.

Can the 1st team players not be used on the flexi furlough scheme? Although I don't think it's worth it. Any non contract players should be released. Why should players on non contract terms get paid by the tax payer when there is no football taking place.
It’s not as simple as that as the COVID segregation for the players will still have to be put in place.

If you’d looked at the clubs COVID risk assessments (freely available on the website) you’ll see why your suggestion isn’t practical.

Spelthorne will probably have use of the tunnel and the Hampton players will come through the Hammonds car park (designated as red zone) and onto the pitch in front of the refreshment hatch, so where would this screen you wish for be placed?

Plus the club would have to re-start up lots of contracts to open Hammond’s, stock it, staff it and how would they manage the required table service?

Sorry Jamie, but as Safety and Operations Officer David Rees has told me on many occasions during the last year or so, rules are rules, plus you cannot separate Hammonds from the rest of the club, it’s is not classed a pub although it has a license to serve alcohol.

All the straws you’re throwing out and then grasping have already been considered and assessed by the club.

Throwing straws and grasping? Hmmm.

I don't need to go into details of how to run it, that's the job of a bar manager and event staff. Perhaps doing for this game would be more hassle than it's worth, I'd agree with that, as not really much benefit as would be a headache explaining to people they cannot watch the game.

However, opening Hammonds on Saturdays would make sense from 12th April. Get a food van in as "pop up street food". Tables in the car park, table service.
Someone comes to your table, takes your order, then returns with your drinks. That's how all pubs, bars, clubs, will be working from the 12th.

Not sure why you are saying about re-starting contracts to open Hammonds. Can easily get key kegs from local breweries etc.

Just ideas for the club to get income, other clubs are doing these things. It seems crazy not to open the bar at the earliest opportunity.

I'm simply trying to help offer ways for the club to generate revenue.
Rob Overfield

Jamie, as I said, do you think the club hadn’t already considered all this?

You cannot separate Hammonds from the rest of the buildings and I said, the players will come through the car park on the way to the pitch. The usual COVID red and amber zones will still apply and as the car park is red zone, it’s off limits to all but players.
Jamie

Rob Overfield wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:45 am Jamie, as I said, do you think the club hadn’t already considered all this?

You cannot separate Hammonds from the rest of the buildings and I said, the players will come through the car park on the way to the pitch. The usual COVID red and amber zones will still apply and as the car park is red zone, it’s off limits to all but players.
Rob, I don't think you've read what I've said.

Nothing to do with match days.
Saturdays or Sundays even, through the summer. No football. Open the bar, serve outside.... £££££££
Massive chance of income. I have my tables booked for April 16th, 17th at venues who are working around the restrictions.
TW3 Beaver

HamptonMad wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:55 pm
Mucky knees wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:45 am Come to Sunbury HM? I thought you hated them with a vengeance!

MK
Sunbury are a good club as you well know. Chris Page Hampton and Epsom goalkeeper played cricket for them. As did Richard Johnson Middlesex and England, and many well known international overseas players. Sunbury are a well run Elite club i enjoy going there. I hope to see you there MK.. Not sure when we will see Hampton fc play football again. Especially if we get a third Covid wave.
Didn't David Nash, who was a Middlesex wicket keeper, play for Sunbury?
HamptonMad

HamptonMad wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:46 pm
Mucky knees wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:20 pm Bot forgetting Nashy (David Nashy) and Adam London who's now director of cricket at Richmond cricket club..

MK
Yes David Nash great keeper, played for Sunbury & Middlesex. Comes and watches Hampton matches with Chris Page. Looking at the leagues Sunbury are more Elite in Cricket than Hampton at football.
Already been said TW3
Mucky knees

By me! Do keep up TW3!

Plenty of other first class cricketers have played for Sunbury. Dane Vilas, John Maunders, Chris Jordan, big bash star Chris Green, Stuart Poynter, Amar Virdi, Martin Andersson and even Ben Foakes played a solitary game...

MK
HamptonMad

Mucky knees wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:14 pm By me! Do keep up TW3!

Plenty of other first class cricketers have played for Sunbury. Dane Vilas, John Maunders, Chris Jordan, big bash star Chris Green, Stuart Poynter, Amar Virdi, Martin Andersson and even Ben Foakes played a solitary game...

MK
And Overfield does not think its Elite Cricket.
TW3 Beaver

I understand that Mucky Knees made some comment to me about one of his Posts, which I can't see because he is on my Foe list.

No doubt the usual drivel that probably has nothing to do the thread title.
Mucky knees

Tw3 I was not stating drivel. I was stating facts. If you read through ALL the thread you would find I was talking sense!₩)₩

MK
Mucky knees

Tw3 I was not stating drivel. I was stating facts. If you read through ALL the thread you would find I was talking sense!

MK
Rob Overfield

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:23 pm
Mucky knees wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:14 pm By me! Do keep up TW3!

MK
And Overfield does not think its Elite Cricket.
I’ve been asking questions outside of here, from people involved in local cricket at a number of levels, and the consensus is that the Surrey Championship is not defined as Elite according to the standard definitions. The only elite level cricket at the moment is the County Championship, apparently.