Premier Midweek League 1976/77

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW3 Beaver

I have been in touch with someone who is writing the history of Addlestone FC, and he needs some help to complete the table for the Premier Midweek League 1976/77 season.
He seems to think that maybe not all the games were played.
Can anyone help with the results of the following games:
Hampton v Camberley Town
Hampton v Southall
Camberley Town v Hampton
I have checked www.hrbfc.org, but the results of those games are not there, so perhaps they weren't played.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Hi, I don't think the above matches ever took place. I have emailed Les to double check/confirm.
Rob Overfield

TW3 Beaver wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:34 pm Hampton v Camberley Town
Hampton v Southall
Camberley Town v Hampton
I have checked www.hrbfc.org, but the results of those games are not there, so perhaps they weren't played.
1976/77
I have nothing for these matches and my records are based on Les’s. He will confirm I’m sure.

By this time, no one really was interested in the competition; not even us as Alan Simpson was, I think, president of the competition.
Lord Elpus

Not 100% sure of this but wasn't Alan Simpson President of the Southern Combination Cup, not the Premier Midweek League?
Rob Overfield

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:50 am Not 100% sure of this but wasn't Alan Simpson President of the Southern Combination Cup, not the Premier Midweek League?
I’ve gone by Tony’s history of the club and although I may not have it 100%, that was the sentiment.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Les has confirmed as below:

--
I am 99.9% certain that these 4 games never took place.

@ Camberley originally programmed for 9th Feb...pp W/logged pitch (Apr 13, @Camberley SCC QF was played in preference to a PMFL game)
h v Southall originally slated for 12th March......replaced by MCC SF
On 12th March 4 matches left to play. The PMFL indicated that 31st March was the deadline for results to count for the league tables.
Prog 19th March indicated no decision for dates for those remaining 4 games. There was no room in the various club's fixture lists to fit these games in.
By this time Hampton had also decided not to enter the 1978/79 competition.