Pre-season schedule

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Brentford have a B team which would play in this type of game.
Jamie

Decent pre-season schedule with some nice local pro clubs. Although officially an "XI" hopefully they will field decent sides, and both should attract big crowds.
Woking and AFC will do too.

although I do think with the way AFC fans treated Beveree so badly when playing in competitive games, I personally wouldn't have them back on a friendly basis.

the games should provide decent income for the club, especially with the anticipation of fans getting back in grounds. Good on Dowse for bringing a team back too, and the Hanworth Villa link is nice to see.
Could a game v Maidenhead be squeezed in to welcome back Dev? That would be a nice touch if worked for all parties.
Shepperton Supporter

Lord Elpus wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:47 pm Wondering why we can't make the Brentford friendly our centenary game? OK it'll probably be an Under 23 or academy type side but there'll still be a decent crowd.
No doubt the club are working on this, an attractive game against a team like Brentford, who agree to field some first team players / signings would be a very attractive fixture, as their supporters might well be happy to attend. I remember the West Ham game some seasons ago which from memory, attracted a gate of circa 3000?
RogerSW

For next season, can the National League agree the rules before the start about promotion/relegation if the season is curtailed for any reason, eg PPG if most teams have played more than half their matches, or something? Or even include season 20/21 in the PPG if the teams are the same (as used at steps 3+ this season), or something?