Squad for 21/22 Season.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Mucky knees

What does our press team actually do...?

13 players have put pen to paper!

It shouldn't take much much longer than ten minutes to write out and post a short report for the clubs long suffering supporters!!!

MK
GRTourist

Mucky knees wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:08 pm What does our press team actually do...?

13 players have put pen to paper!

It shouldn't take much much longer than ten minutes to write out and post a short report for the clubs long suffering supporters!!!

MK
Is that a joke? After the unbelievable effort from the Media Director and all the club's press volunteers across this last season you're actually questioning what they do?!

Well, to answer your question, on a Thursday, generally their day jobs.
Shepperton Supporter

There is an interview with Gary on Twitter and it looks like information will be available from 10am today. As has been pointed out, these things take time. Looks like a couple of new players and there might be some delay until existing contacts at other clubs have expired before we can publish details.
I have been very pleased with the work put in by the media team of late and appreciate their efforts to keep us informed, but things must be done in a correct order.
Tony

13 re-signed and two from I am presuming the NL to be signed once their season is over. Gondoh? Vilhete? Some very positive mood music from Gary’s interview but the additional strengthening will be key. We weren’t quite strong enough to win the league last year and play offs is the more realistic objective.
Whoryer

I could see Gondah coming back,but definitely not see Vilhete coming back as he's a regular starter for Dagenham and Redbridge so can't see him wanting to drop down a league
Shepperton Supporter

Agree Vilhete would be unlikely to return, Gondoh might return, would also not be surprised if Anderson might also be back as he is surplus at Weymouth.
Tony

Two names most obviously missing from the 13 are Cox and Wassmer.
Whoryer

2 more to be announced on Monday so probably them 2 or 1 of them and Christian Smith as a guest
Tony

I suspect Smith will not feature in our plans next season. Wassmer will get offers better than we can afford so will be up to him whether he wants to play for us or not.
Shepperton Supporter

The thirteen players certainly give us a good start in building up what we all hope will be a successful squad. Perhaps Cox and Wassmer might be confirmed on Monday, there are other players like Smith who might be alternatives to these two?
Depending on who else signs from last season, it would not surprise me if another defender is recruited as going on last season, we had several, injuries and suspensions there. Would think another striker or two and perhaps a midfield player? Gary talks about a squad of 19.
Early days but encouraging signs.
Shepperton Supporter

From the hints on social media we should have further news this week on other players. Think most of us hope that Wassmer is an addition to the thirteen.
Reading his Twitter page, Sam Cox has started his own academy, so this might effect his availability next season? Would think he would want to stay and from what I hear, is a good influence in the dressing room. A quality Gary requires.
There are other possible returning players who could be announced and some signings to strengthen areas that are perceived as weakness. Exciting time ahead.
TW10

Has Dean Inman committed for next season? Our best and most reliable player last season