Brentford v Swansea

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
DanielNotley

Due to these two teams meeting up for play off final, which team do you want to win? Brentford due to close connections with Hampton or Swansea because Jamal Lowe connections? A tough one...
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Although a Swansea win would give us another player who made it from Beveree to the Premier League (is Darren Powell the only other one?), I would still prefer Brentford to win.

I don't think there are anymore financial incentives for the club regarding Lowe and frankly he wasn't here that long and I think he gets talked up a bit much on club social media. When he appeared on Football Focus all he could muster about Hampton was "the crowds are so small there, that I could see there was a Portsmouth scout watching" :roll: thanks, mate!
Shepperton Supporter

It’s Brentford for me. With our local connection they might give us a prestige game to mark our centenary.
Lord Elpus

Yep, Brentford for me too, but seeing as they have shown interest in Lowe in the past it'd be fascinating to see if they renew that interest if they win. He'd be well worth a punt.
HamptonMad

Brentford to win 1.0
DanielNotley

For me Brentford to, local club connections also sometimes their fans come to the Beveree so yes Brentford also feel they deserve to go up not like Swansea
Brit

You may all be right but someone has balance it a bit. Swansea win on penalties and Jamal/Ayew partnership comes good.
Brit

Whoops !
Shepperton Supporter

Deserved win for Bees, could attract more folk to the pre season game.
TW3 Beaver

Brit wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:06 am You may all be right but someone has balance it a bit. Swansea win on penalties and Jamal/Ayew partnership comes good.
:lol:
BeaverIniesta17

What a day on Saturday still can’t really believe it 21 years and we have finally done it through all the heartache
Can’t wait til the pre season game at the Bev now so excited!!!!

Commiserations to Jamal Lowe absolutely gutted for him but at the end of the day I’m Brentford and for 90 minutes no friendship there as the saying goes

Bring on Pre Season with Hampton