Hanworth Villa away.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Looking at the team sheet we are still looking at forwards which is understandable.

Last time I looked we were 1-0 down. Hope for better news soon.
Shepperton Supporter

Lost 1-0!
Tony

Again a mix of probables and possibles and a couple of trialists. Although we were the stronger side throughout we found it hard to break HV open, best effort being Daniel’s shot that hit the bar. Manager was clearly not happy at half time and not sure he would have been much happier at full time. Not sure the trialists will make the cut on this evidence. Ex Beavers Jay Gasson and Michael Kamara played at centre backs for HV and Leon Solomon in midfield.
Lord Elpus

How can I put it...not one to linger in the memory??
TW10

A lot of the younger players are nowhere near conference south level and you wouldn’t expect them to be.. those that are didn’t show it and the big names especially the forwards were poor.. they played like all hey had to do was step on the pitch and they would win. Well Hanworth we’re up for it and battled hard for their win. I am sure things will improve but there is a few out there that the manager probably can’t trust..
Shepperton Supporter

Gary sounded very unhappy with the players and felt some of them had let him down. Interesting to see how things go over the next few weeks as there could be some squad changes in the offering?
Lord Elpus

Good to see Gary being so honest in the interviews. Too many players were simply not up to scratch last night and although Villa are a very decent side for their level we really should be dispatching sides like that with ease.
Stanwell Beaver

Just catching up with the forum, after watching the opening three friendlies. I read (somewhere on here) that Nathan Minhas is injured - shame, any specifics on that? Also, we haven't seen either Luke Ruddick or Jake Gray yet.....anybody with any information?
I'll miss the next three friendlies, as we're off on our family 'Hollibops'
See you all at Knaphill (or maybe Hendon)
BEAVERS!!
Shepperton Supporter

Mentioning missing players, agreed still no Ruddick and Gray, I would expect the latter to feature soon, as for Ruddick, I wonder if he has a recurrence of his fitness issues from last season? The other player I don’t think we have seen is Cole Brown. Perhaps we might get an update from the club on these issues?
RogerB

And no Sam Cox?
Shepperton Supporter

RogerB wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:58 pmAnd no Sam Cox?
He was present at the QPR game. Might have a slight injury?