Tonbridge Home Friday 3pm

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

It’s a pity that in front of such a big crowd we produced such a poor game. Scoring goals is starting to be problem. Options up front are limited, Seymour is injured whilst Bloomfield cannot be risked for a full game. Fadahunsi tries hard but to my way of thinking, is not that effective at this level given the service from midfield. Here we fail to press and too many long hopeful forward passes give players little scope to trouble defenders especially when our opponents are quite happy to sit back and soak up pressure.
Interesting to note that the teams around us are scoring freely which must be worrying for the end of the season.
Will we make the playoffs, possibly, but on recent displays promotion looks unlikely.
If not, then a squad overhaul will be needed?
EastTerracer

KewBeaver wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 pm I also note that this is the second consecutive home game the owners have not been present.
Looking for the next club to build a story around ?
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 pm 0.0 Start The Club Car Big Rich. Lets get out of here. Att 2,031
I kept the Club Car running for that bore draw HM. That’s what happens when I bring chicken soup rather than tomato.
I had a couple of missed calls from Dowse too.
TW10

Very disappointing display in front of such a big crowd. I brought two Brentford season ticket holders along for the first time..they were very impressed by our keeper and some of the play in the first half but they expected the long aimless punts forward and thats what they got for the most part. Still they quite enjoyed it but I sense they will need some persuading to get them back...can anyone tell my why Wishart has fallen out of favour? Surely he is a miles better footballer than Pitblado? Also why is Dean not even making the bench these days?
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:19 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 pm 0.0 Start The Club Car Big Rich. Lets get out of here. Att 2,031
I kept the Club Car running for that bore draw HM. That’s what happens when I bring chicken soup rather than tomato.
I had a couple of missed calls from Dowse too.
Dowse just wanted to say how unlucky he has been so far at Hemel played 8 lost 7 drawn 1.
Shepperton Supporter

TW10 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 pm Very disappointing display in front of such a big crowd. I brought two Brentford season ticket holders along for the first time..they were very impressed by our keeper and some of the play in the first half but they expected the long aimless punts forward and thats what they got for the most part. Still they quite enjoyed it but I sense they will need some persuading to get them back...can anyone tell my why Wishart has fallen out of favour? Surely he is a miles better footballer than Pitblado? Also why is Dean not even making the bench these days?
Yes an opportunity lost to get more support. As for Inman and Wishart, you need to ask Mel!
tones

Is anyone going to run a sweepstakes on where the next Hampton goal is going to come from. Could make some money for the club!
TW3 Beaver

tones wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 pm Is anyone going to run a sweepstakes on where the next Hampton goal is going to come from. Could make some money for the club!
Own Goal?
EastTerracer

TW10 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 pm Very disappointing display in front of such a big crowd.
It was a big crowd but quite a lot weren't watching much.
Mucky knees

A bit like Dulwich Hamlet!

MK
Lord Elpus

EastTerracer wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:46 am
TW10 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 pm Very disappointing display in front of such a big crowd.
It was a big crowd but quite a lot weren't watching much.
On this point, it amazes me just how much money the Pizza Brigade are prepared to spend. I saw one Dad walking back to the red and green seat stand with 4 boxes. Unbelievable.
It's a weird atmosphere these days...plenty of background chatting noise but widespread backs to the game. Very odd. You just know that if we did happen to win the playoffs these people would be on the pitch first. Modern football eh...