Harrow away

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Last midweek friendly tonight. Need a more convincing result than the previous games against clubs from this level.

Currently we are leading.
Shepperton Supporter

Finished 2-2 our hosts scored both goals in the last ten minutes, the final one in last minute.
Lord Elpus

First half we didn't look too bad, I think we may well have added to our total if we'd continued in the same way. However, we looked more and more disjointed as the game went on and in truth Harrow deserved the draw by the end. We still aren't creating/converting enough chances but they'll hopefully come, providing some of the forwards get in the right positions to make them count. Not going to single players out but there are at least two forwards who really didn't have a great game tonight.
Tony

We still seem to be experimenting with line ups and trialists so I hope the manager knows his best starting XI. Trialist right back in the second half which I guess is down to the Cox situation. Ex Academy lad played full 90 mins in centre midfield so we must be seriously considering him but doubt he will have enough experience for NLS. Clearly missing Deadfield at the moment. Bit worrying how we fell away in the second half and the goals conceded were down to poor defending. Muir seems a shadow of last season. Heavily reliant on Gondoh to create chances. When he went off at half time we were not the same going forward.
Lord Elpus

My young advisor thinks the right back in the second half may have been at Braintree and Hungerford last season.
Tony

Yes he was. Has good experience at NLS level.
Shepperton Supporter

As has been mentioned the right back has experience at NLS level and from what I have seen of him, he looks quite comfortable in this role. He is 26, so is the right age.
With Cox still not available, it would seem a good acquisition as that would allow Sam when available, to play in midfield which is his preferred position plus providing cover/ variety and options.