Maidstone away.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Truly awful end to the season and yes we blew the play offs when was always in our hands. Will be interesting to see how Mel explains such a total collapse in form.
Big Rich

What a sad end to the season.
Shepperton Supporter

Think we all knew that recent form was so poor. It is what happens now that matters.I would hope that Mel has already got some plans . If we are serious about promotion then many of this season’s squad will go.
KewBeaver

Lets take stock. The club has improved on and off the pitch compared to the 22/23 season.
We go again......
KewBeaver

EastTerracer wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:45 pm
DanielNotley wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:43 pm This is embarrassing- will Mel go?
Upstairs maybe.
unlikely as Paul Tisdale already occupies that role.
Shepperton Supporter

unlikely as Paul Tisdale already occupies that role.
[/quote]
I think it is unlikely that there will be a change in this area.
Paul Tisdale is a part owner but whether he would want to get involved on the day to day running is questionable.
I can think of two managers, (one ex) who Mel knows from his Exeter days might be possible but if Mel wants to continue then it is possible.
Lord Elpus

Only 2 good things about today...the fact that we scored at all and the quickest ever journey home from Maidstone.
OK, we initially responded well to a disastrous start today, and two of the home side's goals were terrific but in truth, I think a result like this has been on the cards for a few weeks now. We have been very poor recently, at times as bad as we'd ended up under the previous manager. It has to be regarded as one of the most disappointing ends to a season we've seen at the club.
It's probably just as well we haven't made the playoffs because we'd have been annihilated on current form.
tones

When a side's form is as bad as this the board need to look for a new manager. Planning needs to start now for the new season by signing someone who can score goals a priority!