Club Statement 03/05/24

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Hmmm. On that note, wasn't Sam Cox supposed to have been in Ted Lasso as an extra? That probably seals it...
[/quote]
Are you suggesting that he might be appointed?
EastTerracer

Lord Elpus wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:06 pm
EastTerracer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:45 pm I imagine the brothers are too busy compiling a list of American Football coaches to comment on the situation.
Hmmm. On that note, wasn't Sam Cox supposed to have been in Ted Lasso as an extra? That probably seals it...
I already noted that Armando could be appointed :lol:
Mucky knees

Is that Armamdo Ionucci (sp?)

MK
geedub

EastTerracer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:13 pm I already noted that Armando could be appointed :lol:
https://ted-lasso.fandom.com/wiki/Armando
Lord Elpus

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:40 pm Hmmm. On that note, wasn't Sam Cox supposed to have been in Ted Lasso as an extra? That probably seals it...
Are you suggesting that he might be appointed?
[/quote]

No, not at all, no inside info or anything, although he's done a great job at Wealdstone and knows the level well. We could do a lot worse...
Tony

Wealdstone have said he will be a candidate for the manager's job. Thoughts that Luke Garrard could also be a strong candidate. Sam must know a lot of quality non league players and as a youth coach at Tottenham clearly has credentials on that front so fits the profile in many ways. I think he was pretty popular behind the scenes at the club when he played for us. The Lasso angle however would put a target on his back from some sections of the supporter base. Lose a couple of games and .........I could see it though if he didn't get the Wealdstone gig. He had five games as interim manager at Wealdstone and that's five more than Mel had before he came to us.
geedub

There are no well advanced plans for the new managerial appointment then:
https://twitter.com/HAMRICHFC/status/17 ... 3382934573
Tony

Seems that way although when Mel was appointed we also interviewed two other candidates although Mel already had the job in reality. If we are starting from scratch then could easily be a few weeks before an appointment.
Shepperton Supporter

geedub wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:24 am There are no well advanced plans for the new managerial appointment then:
https://twitter.com/HAMRICHFC/status/17 ... 3382934573
Either this is just an exercise of going through the motions or it was Mel who resigned and caught the club unawares.
Whatever the reasons for the resignation/sacking any new manager will ask initially” what is the playing budget”.
If this was the reason for Mel leaving, then it does not equate with stated ambitions.
Think most of us would agree we need someone with contacts at our level or just above, time is not on the club’s side, players will be wanting to know where they stand and other clubs will be trying to poach them.
Shepperton Supporter

Think the other two people were Baker and Underwood. Baker is now assistant manager at Farnborough and Underwood is currently out of work having lost his job.
KewBeaver

How about Steve Bates? Maybe he should be given a chance. He knows the club inside out.
tones

The longer the club leave appointing a new manager the worse it will be for the club next season.