Summer 2024 squad tracker

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Adam

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:49 pm
Adam wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:39 pm Donaldson has announced on his Instagram he is leaving
Another one! Might be connected to the revised training schedule.? Lost track of how many have gone.
He has a couple of admirers at Slough?

Alan’s recruitment and retention task just grows.
Well I’m updating the first post as news comes through if that helps.
Tony

Adam wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:39 pm Donaldson has announced on his Instagram he is leaving
Again hardly a surprise but perhaps one of the most popular players of the last few years. Wasn't at his best last season but always a great attitude.
TW10

To my mind Donaldson was a much better left back than wide midfielder where he didn't have the pace to carry any real threat. A good left back though. Last season we had three in him, pitblado and wishart. Now we have none. No one wants to be the one left in a struggling side. My impression is we won't be making signings until the dust settles and those in demand sign on with the clubs who can pay. We will be selecting from the rest.
Shepperton Supporter

If you look at what still remains, there are some I would keep, my only concern is that are expensive and might be sold to reduce / spread the budget. If so, we might be left with some players, who in my opinion are not of the standard required.
It all depends on recruitment as we all agree, it might be a number of young players released by clubs further up the pyramid. It can work but they need a few experienced players around them filling several key positions that need this type of player, central defence and midfield spring to mind.
Josh2002

Finally a bit of good news, as Jake Gray signs for next season!
geedub

The new membership scheme has just sent out an email saying that Jake Gray has signed on for next season - I guess this is the advanced notice thing that was promised for members.
Shepperton Supporter

That’s the first bit of good news this week! Hope he will be followed by others.
Tony

Good news and slightly surprised that he has decided to stay given how many have decided to move on.
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:09 pm Good news and slightly surprised that he has decided to stay given how many have decided to move on.
He must be about the longest serving player. Wonder if Alan gave him some indication of who else was returning and who had indicated they were coming. Players like to know this sort of thing before committing themselves?
Time will tell.
Shepperton Supporter

Looking at the remaining squad I wonder how many will now sign. There are some which I would hope would do, whilst others I would not be too unhappy if they didn’t!
With the reported budget cut, then the squad might be smaller, if so, then injury prone players would be a liability. Don’t forget there are seven subs and we might have to use youngsters from the academy.
BevereeMaster

Those clips are pointless because they are from 4-5 years ago. If we keep signing players of this caliber consistently, it will be a challenge to remain in the league.