Wimborne Town (home)

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW3 Beaver

Much better in the second half.

Scored from a stonewall penalty, although most of the Wimborne players seemed to disagree, their keeper, who was my MOM for them, for keeping the score down, almost got to the Deadfield spot kick. We probably should have had a second penalty for hand ball, but two more goals followed our second after a good save and the third following a massive scramble.
Wimborne got a consolation goal with 15 minutes left after a good strike. realising they had nothing to lose the visitors had their best spell of the game and Julian, making his 600th appearance had to make a fine one handed save.
A win is a win and onto the next round.
An easy draw, if there is such a thing, at home would be nice.

A game played in horrendous conditions, which from reading Twitter the players enjoyed.
GRTourist

TW3 Beaver wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:08 am Much better in the second half.

Scored from a stonewall penalty, although most of the Wimborne players seemed to disagree, their keeper, who was my MOM for them, for keeping the score down, almost got to the Deadfield spot kick. We probably should have had a second penalty for hand ball, but two more goals followed our second after a good save and the third following a massive scramble.
Wimborne got a consolation goal with 15 minutes left after a good strike. realising they had nothing to lose the visitors had their best spell of the game and Julian, making his 600th appearance had to make a fine one handed save.
A win is a win and onto the next round.
An easy draw, if there is such a thing, at home would be nice.

A game played in horrendous conditions, which from reading Twitter the players enjoyed.
For their fans who doubted whether it should have been a penalty or not...

https://flic.kr/p/2mwNPLT
GRTourist

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWQjgRq

Match album for any who are interested.
Tony

I see Myles Anderson has now departed by mutual consent. Not a surprise after the Concord Rangers substitution as he has not appeared since. We could do with some extra centre back cover. Donaldson is an effective deputy but leaves us a bit short in midfield.
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:59 pm I see Myles Anderson has now departed by mutual consent. Not a surprise after the Concord Rangers substitution as he has not appeared since. We could do with some extra centre back cover. Donaldson is an effective deputy but leaves us a bit short in midfield.
Agree Tony, wonder if it frees up some budget?
TW3 Beaver

GRTourist wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Not sure how they could see from down the other end.
HamptonMad

TW3 Beaver wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:50 am
GRTourist wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Not sure how they could see from down the other end
Last edited by HamptonMad on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mucky knees

I can see a photograph of that incident. Maybe be a visit to your local specsavers at your earliest convenience is the order of the day HM???

MK
Jamie

Tony wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:59 pm I see Myles Anderson has now departed by mutual consent. Not a surprise after the Concord Rangers substitution as he has not appeared since. We could do with some extra centre back cover. Donaldson is an effective deputy but leaves us a bit short in midfield.

Departed by mutual consent,
that kind of wording must mean he was on contract.
They way most of the signings were announced this season was that they were on contract, so if a player is sat in the stands, they still get paid.
Hopefully he didn't demand a payoff to leave.