Couldn’t happen to a nicer man...

Non-Hampton & Richmond Borough related posts.
Rob Overfield

Has anyone noticed the news out of Grosvenor Vale?

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/club ... an-brennan

Even Gary’s name has appeared as a replacement...

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/vie ... e&start=10

That must’ve caused the writer some pain...
Lord Elpus

I love the Wealdstone forum. The deluded sense of their stature and the sense of entitlement never fails to entertain.
Gary would be mad...
Tony

If the NLS was declared null and void, would he be that mad to consider an approach?
Lord Elpus

Tony wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:44 am If the NLS was declared null and void, would he be that mad to consider an approach?
But it's Wealdstone...horrible section of supporters, guaranteed to turn on managers if they lose a couple of games, ludicrous sense of over expectation, etc...

I know players and managers see things very differently to supporters though.
HamptonMad

Football is a funny old game. Full time in the National league.. Never say Never.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Overfield

https://www.westlondonsport.com/non-lea ... ialnetwork

It’s getting messy... just grateful it’s not like this at Beveree.
HamptonMad

I see Woking are in the last 8 of the Fa Trophy. After beating Sutton away 1.0.Next Draw 1.30pm Monday on Talksport2. Torquay at Home in the next round.
Jamie

I knew Dean Brennan briefly when I worked at Halesowen Town a fair few years ago.
Strong midfielder and very driven, I imagine he is like that in his management career too.

From those articles it seems his assistant has done the dirty on him, so I imagine it wasn't "his man" from the start.
Nothing worse in management than when someone in your own backroom team is doing the dirty on you.
If you remember back it happened at Hampton under a very successful manager, and he rightly got rid.
Lord Elpus

Jamie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:33 pm If you remember back it happened at Hampton under a very successful manager, and he rightly got rid.
Don't remember that Jamie, give us a subtle clue...
Cliffp

Jamie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:33 pm I knew Dean Brennan briefly when I worked at Halesowen Town a fair few years ago.
Strong midfielder and very driven, I imagine he is like that in his management career too.

From those articles it seems his assistant has done the dirty on him, so I imagine it wasn't "his man" from the start.
Nothing worse in management than when someone in your own backroom team is doing the dirty on you.
If you remember back it happened at Hampton under a very successful manager, and he rightly got rid.
Not so. Stuart Maynard is the assistant in question and was with Brennan at Hemel, Billericay and Kingstonian. They seemed to go as a “package” but probably no longer!
Jamie

Cliffp wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:54 pm
Jamie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:33 pm I knew Dean Brennan briefly when I worked at Halesowen Town a fair few years ago.

Not so. Stuart Maynard is the assistant in question and was with Brennan at Hemel, Billericay and Kingstonian. They seemed to go as a “package” but probably no longer!

Ever worse then! Sounds even more like similar to the Hampton scenario.
I imagine Maynard thought he had a chance to become a number one if Brennan took the Barnet job.
HamptonMad

So have Wealdstone got a new manager yet.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.