Hanworth Villa

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Lord Elpus

How great to see our neighbours Hanworth Villa win their league last night with such a late goal. It's something of an ex Hampton twilight home there too...Michael Kamara, Terry Buss, (OK only the one appearance for us I think) Tom Jelley, Leon Solomon and Jerome Federico are all regulars there. Good luck to them. Still can't work out why Sam Merson is plying his trade there though...
Jamie

Simon has done a fantastic job, and managing to pull in players who could be playing higher with no budget speaks volumes.
Getting in Nathan Collier after Dowse loses his job at Woking, that so impressive.
Terry Buss over 700 appearances, an amazing achievement, and such loyalty.

What a brilliant achievement, I remember years ago going there and it was basically a pitch in a field where we used to play in tournaments. They have come such a long way.
ExRef

Yes amazing progress by a local club well supported over the years by Dave Brown and Gary Brunning. I remember refereeing them in the old Middlesex County League at Twickenham Golf Course.
TW10

So Nathan Collier has also signed for Hanworth??
RogerB

Lord Elpus wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:55 am It's something of an ex Hampton twilight home there too...Michael Kamara, Terry Buss, (OK only the one appearance for us I think)
I remember seeing Terry play for us away to Bedford Town in April 2002. It was an end-of-season affair, both clubs had goalkeeping problems coming into the match. We brought in Terry who, I think, was 16 at the time. Bedford had to call on their 44 year old goalkeeping coach. So, is that the record for the biggest age gap between two opposing keepers?
Lord Elpus

RogerB wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:10 am
Lord Elpus wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:55 am It's something of an ex Hampton twilight home there too...Michael Kamara, Terry Buss, (OK only the one appearance for us I think)
I remember seeing Terry play for us away to Bedford Town in April 2002. It was an end-of-season affair, both clubs had goalkeeping problems coming into the match. We brought in Terry who, I think, was 16 at the time. Bedford had to call on their 44 year old goalkeeping coach. So, is that the record for the biggest age gap between two opposing keepers?
Yes, I was that one too Roger, he didn't have a bad game if I remember correctly. Certainly didn't let anyone down. Buss is a really good keeper but was possibly just a bit on the short side for a career higher up the non league divisions.
Jamie

Lord Elpus wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:40 pm
RogerB wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:10 am
Yes, I was that one too Roger, he didn't have a bad game if I remember correctly. Certainly didn't let anyone down. Buss is a really good keeper but was possibly just a bit on the short side for a career higher up the non league divisions.
Exactly that Lord Elpus.
There's a stigma on height with goalkeepers, if he was 2 or 3 inches taller, I'm sure he would have clocked up a few hundred appearances at step 3 as a minimum.
I used to warm him up for a while for Mike Hollis youth team, he was fantastic!