Dartford home on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

A tough game on Saturday. Hopefully we can avoid defeat. Would assume Julian would be back in goal and will a place be found for Destiny?
Tony

Onus is on them in need of points to keep pressure on top 2. We seem to have a decent record recently against Dartford and I can see us getting a result today.
Mucky knees

Would I be correct in assuming the roadworks at the bottom of Station road are now finished?

MK
Tony

Yes
HamptonMad

Lost 1.0. Press man says we are only 7 points off the drop. Dover were beating Wrexham away 5.2 and lost 6.5. Its a funny old game.
Tony

Not a great spectacle for the biggest home crowd of the season with just one goal separating the sides. That came from an error, Ness, who was otherwise exceptional, heading a clearance straight to Dartford’s Dinanga for an easy finish. We showed very little attackwise all game, Inman coming closest with a header that brushed the top of the bar. In fact not sure we had a shot on target all game. Dartford’s best chances came mainly from our defensive errors. Deadfield had a good game as did Inman and Donaldson but not not enough at the top end of the pitch. Both Dunne and TMR went off injured from right back so more injury worries for the manager.

PS apologies to Ness, it was Farrell headed the ball for their goal as shown on the highlights.
Last edited by Tony on Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TW10

Yep mediocre performance and in truth Dartford had to to little to walk away with the win..we seemed to carry most threat early on with Miller-rodney breaking from midfield..forward players offered very little throughout..agree re Tony about who played well. We were just uninspiring and really never looked like scoring
Shepperton Supporter

Was unable to make the game today, but have heard Gary’s comments as well as others comments. Our goal threat has been hampered by recalls of both Roberts and Robinson. We have very inexperienced strikers to call upon, we might limp through this season but experienced recruiting permanent players especially up front are a must in the summer.
Big Rich

Tony wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:35 pm Not a great spectacle for the biggest home crowd of the season with just one goal separating the sides. That came from an error, Ness, who was otherwise exceptional, heading a clearance straight to Dartford’s Dinanga for an easy finish. We showed very little attackwise all game, Inman coming closest with a header that brushed the top of the bar. In fact not sure we had a shot on target all game. Dartford’s best chances came mainly from our defensive errors. Deadfield had a good game as did Inman and Donaldson but not not enough at the top end of the pitch. Both Dunne and TMR went off injured from right back so more injury worries for the manager.
What was the attendance by the way?
Tony

1115 I think I heard
TW3 Beaver

Tony wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:09 pm1115 I think I heard
1,185, according to Twitter.