Standing in front of the side terrace

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Lord Elpus

Any idea why this doesn't seem to be allowed any more? Today was the 3rd time in recent games that we've been told to move back behind the barriers. Why the sudden change? There's ample room for people to get by...
HamptonMad

Lord Elpus wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:20 pm Any idea why this doesn't seem to be allowed any more? Today was the 3rd time in recent games that we've been told to move back behind the barriers. Why the sudden change? There's ample room for people to get by...
They need to put signs up if they want to enforce this. I was just talking and was asked to move by a man who said he was a steward. Who had No ID on show. Nothing done about the Dartford supporter standing up swearing during the game in the Main stand. This was also heard over the Radio Commentary. And The Press man was not happy. Looked like he was going to pop.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Elpus

It's not even like there are any yellow lines on the ground or anything. Just seems a shame that's all...one of the main attractions of football at our level is that you can get close to the action, and I've got no problem with abiding by the rules but when they just seem a touch pointless it seems a bit more silly.
HamptonMad

I think they make it up as they go.
Cliffp

I stopped going when they fenced off the section between the two “dug outs”. It might seem petty but I liked standing there and seeing/hearing the two management teams during the game. I think it was supposed to be some sort of COVID measure. Probably a bit like closing bushey park to traffic 😂
GRTourist

Cliffp wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:59 pm I stopped going when they fenced off the section between the two “dug outs”. It might seem petty but I liked standing there and seeing/hearing the two management teams during the game. I think it was supposed to be some sort of COVID measure. Probably a bit like closing bushey park to traffic 😂
That was enforced by the league. Every club in the division did that, you had to have a red zone around the dugouts.
Cliffp

Even now?
HamptonMad

Cliffp wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:59 pm I stopped going when they fenced off the section between the two “dug outs”. It might seem petty but I liked standing there and seeing/hearing the two management teams during the game. I think it was supposed to be some sort of COVID measure. Probably a bit like closing bushey park to traffic 😂
Worlds gone mad Cliff. More people got Covid now than during the lock down.
GRTourist

Cliffp wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:51 pmEven now?
No idea I'm afraid, I just know that it was introduced everywhere during COVID. I'll keep an eye at away matches to see if it's still happening - I don't tend to go on that side of the pitch because most clubs are still not allowing photographers on the side with the dugouts.

At Ebbsfleet a few months ago they wouldn't even let our media team leave the appointed stand... I tried to cross the pitch pre-match to get a better angle and got shooed by some lady standing in the other stand.