Braintree away on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Preview from their forum.

https://braintreeforum.proboards.com/th ... on-beavers

Will be a difficult game would settle for a draw.
Tony

1-0 up TMR. Academy player Jay Hines makes his league debut at right back.
Tony

Won 1-0 a great and a little unexpected victory. Tonbridge beat Welling which takes the pressure off them abit but they could do with another win just to make safe.
Lord Elpus

A good win in the end. First half was drab and uninspired to say the least, from both sides, but we stepped it up slightly in the 2nd half and were worth 3 points in the end, despite Braintree getting back into it a bit. Suspect we're safe now, but surely a rebuilding job awaits.
Shepperton Supporter

Would agree we should be safe now. Yes think most supporters would agree rebuilding for next season is necessary. If you assume the loan players will not be with us, then priority must be a couple of strikers ( still keep Destiny) and centre half .
This topic might become an issue for debate?
Tony

Depends on budget of course but quite a big overhaul required in my view. If we are aiming for a 20 man squad, then as I have said before my only firm keeps would be Julian, Inman, Donaldson, TMR, Gray, Deadfield and possibly Farrell. Quite possibly some of these may move on. Others currently in the squad may make the cut with a good run in and pre season.
TW10

Got to add Ulche and Barzey.. young and will get batter
Lord Elpus

I'd definitely agree with Tony's list and also about Uche. Shame this season panned out the way it did...things looked very positive indeed back in August.
Shepperton Supporter

Think most would agree with Tony’s list plus Uche and Barzey, after today and Gary’s comments Hines too might get a squad spot. Would add Destiny who might be worth keeping, he has the potential. Personally not a great fan of TMR.
Might see Block being available?
Main need is an experienced centre half and a couple of strikers who can play at this level, problem is certain clubs have stockpiled quality strikers, so we might be looking for the odd one out?
TW10

Surprising comment re TMR, he has been great for the club. Quick, strong, great engine..only weakness is gives away too many fouls. He’s a very solid player in my opinion
Tony

My issue with Uche is that I don’t see him as a midfielder long term at NLS level where you get very little time on the ball. Defender maybe but we seem reluctant to play him there. Barzey is under contract so presume he will stay but still to prove the potential in my view. It took a while for Hill to blossom and both have similar styles of play so maybe. More proven experience at NLS is needed overall in the starting XI but that comes at a cost and we are not running a Dorking-sized budget. I am frequently told level 3 are paying more than us for some players so clearly recruitment is tough.