Playoffs

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Chippenham beat Dartford away on penalties. Think this is the second time Dartford have lost in this way.
Lord Elpus

Didn't Dartford miss all of theirs last season? I think Chippenham's keeper Will Henry, who played a few games for us, saved at least 3 last night. Good for them but I have to say I hope Dorking go up as the spray on trousered philanthropist (see what I did there!) that is their owner/manager whatever is just too irritating to have to come across again.
TW3 Beaver

Dorking Wanderers leading Oxford City 1-0.
TW3 Beaver

2-0 Dorking.

Think that ones over already.
TW3 Beaver

48 min: Dorking Wanderers 3-0 Oxford City
Tony

It’s a Dorking v Ebbsfleet final after Ebbsfleet beat Chippenham 1-0 eat.
Shepperton Supporter

Into extra time in the playoffs final. 2-2 at full time .
Tony

Dorking win 3-2 and are promoted. So first and second go up which feels about right but I thought Ebbsfleet were a better side than them when we played them.
Lord Elpus

Seems a bit harsh on Ebbsfleet...Dorking's injury time equaliser apparently came after 10 mins of added time, extended due to a flare being thrown on the pitch. Wonder if it was from an Ebbsfleet fan, and if so how much do they regret it now.
Ah well, at least we don't have to suffer their graceless manager anymore. Wonder what they'll make of Wrexham fans invading next season...
Lord Elpus

Got to admit, even though they are a marmite kind of club, it will be interesting to see how Dorking do next season. Do they really have the infastructure? Mustering the kind of volunteer support for stewarding and running a matchday is achievable for occasional games but fortnightly or even more is going to be a big ask. And will their fans stick with it? It's easy following a side when they're expected to win most weeks but will they maintain the enthusiasm when they lose at home to say, Altrincham, and then go down to a late goal at Gateshead on a Tuesday night? I suspect they will pick up a few more fans, at least for the honeymoon period, but where this is all going longer term will be an intriguing one.