Staines Town

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Predictably, Dixon has offered the supporters club two options to buy the club off him, no details divulged. Whether either is feasible time will tell.
Shepperton Supporter

See they have a new buyer. Negotiations taking place with existing ownership.
Tony

Will be interesting to see what emerges. The club is not worth a penny.
Shepperton Supporter

Steve Parsons and their Chairman have now both resigned. I know Steve has been there for many years and has a good reputation as an administrator/secretary.
Things seem to get worse there.
Stanwell Beaver

Credit me with a little 'insider knowledge'.....there is absolutely NO buyer, it's just another piece of fiction/fantasy from the absent owner - presumably in an attempt to salvage some PR on his behalf. The resignation of both the Chairman and, most significantly, my mate Steve in the last week tells you all you need to know.
Lord Elpus

What a shame, Steve Parsons (the long running secretary) is such a highly respected figure.
Isn't it the case that they don't even have use of their ground any more? They must surely be finished as a club at least for the season ahead, as you have to have agreed your ground by the end of March, so that would appear to rule out sharing somewhere else, ie Egham, Spelthorne etc.
Shepperton Supporter

Looking on their forum it looks like they may not play next season as it gives them time to take stock of where they are and to sort out ownership etc.
If they form a Phoenix club, my understanding is, it would be two steps lower level than they currently occupy, so that could mean step 9/10.
Without a ground and not knowing the league they playing, it would be practically impossible to get players, even those who require no payments.
A sad story!
Tony

Sounds like the end for Staines as we predicted. Why Dixon won’t just gift the shares to the Supporters Club and write off the debt I don’t know but I guess it’s just ego. The slow death of the club probably means little appetite to start again from scratch.
Shepperton Supporter

I read that Hayden Bird has resigned as manager at Ks, due to reported budget cuts. Ks are moving to Tooting so there may be some uncertainty there. Not one, would hope, on the scale of a Staines !
Tony

They still have the AFCW money so immediate issues I would guess. However, playing out of borough is going to be tougher the longer it goes on. Any players we might be interested in?
Shepperton Supporter

I believe the AFC Wimbledon money is ring fenced for the ground only and not for the playing budget.

Agree playing away from the Borough of Kingston is a drain on the club both financially .

As for players, they do play at a level below but there might be some that no doubt Gary is aware of.
TW10

Kingstonian heve no players of Conference South ability..Tolfry is way passed his best. They had a great young left back who has signed for Middlesbrough. Aside from that Nyren Clunis and Rhys Murrill-Williamson were their stand out performers