Hemel at home on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

I noted that the Isthmian league are allowing kick off times to be changed. I presume we are still at 3pm?

As for the team, after last week, I would expect there might be some changes. Central defence and left back cover seem to be the most likely areas for recruiting. Will await news?
Tony

It’s been very quiet on club social media following last Saturday’s game so not sure what changes if any might be made. No hint of a third CB signing so hopefully Fernandes is now fit to play. Quite what sort of game we will get in 35 degrees heat I don’t know.
Lord Elpus

Club social media seem to be focusing this week on having their now seemingly annual "stadium naming" blitz. No actual news as such. Don't think there was an interview with the Manager last Saturday either, perhaps whoever does them was on holiday, as it is that time of year. Did I miss it?
Shepperton Supporter

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:55 pm Club social media seem to be focusing this week on having their now seemingly annual "stadium naming" blitz. No actual news as such. Don't think there was an interview with the Manager last Saturday either, perhaps whoever does them was on holiday, as it is that time of year. Did I miss it?
I too noted there were no interviews with the manager last week. As you say there might be holidays. Also agree about the news, but again, there might be things happening at the club which will be announced once things are signed.
GRTourist

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:55 pm Club social media seem to be focusing this week on having their now seemingly annual "stadium naming" blitz. No actual news as such. Don't think there was an interview with the Manager last Saturday either, perhaps whoever does them was on holiday, as it is that time of year. Did I miss it?
No - you didn't miss it. Unfortunately the Media Officer was away last week, I was covering and totally forgot that it needed to be done! Normal service will be resumed this weekend when the much more competent James is back in the hot seat!
Tony

Ben Shroll has returned on loan from Aldershot until November. Looked decent when he was last with us.
Shepperton Supporter

He finished last season at Havant. Assume Block will go to central defence or Ben as he is over 6ft. A three month loan.
Tony

Ended 1-1 but a performance that should have given Hampton their first win of the season. Another missed penalty, this time Barzey saw his low effort well saved, after Hemel’s Greenidge scored against the run of play in the first half. Barzey made amends with another fine goal early in the second period. Inman should have won the game with a point blank header but hit the keeper. Plus points were the number of opportunities created, the downside was failing to convert more of them into goals. Shroll at centre half did well despite a lack of inches. Mark Smith came in for Julian who has slight concussion after last Saturday’s game. Kurran-Browne came for a decent 15 minute spell which might give the manager pause for thought.
Shepperton Supporter

Hemel like so many teams in our league, were big and strong and used their physical advantages on several occasions. True we could have won, just feel the balance in team is not quite right . We lack a cutting edge perhaps we need the right player to team up with Wood who was involved in a physical battle with ex Walton Casuals centre back Joshua Lelan who from memory , impressed against us last season. Some of our players get pushed over very easily.
Onwards to the next game, we do need to get some points .