Tonbridge away Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

Tonbridge away Saturday. May go and watch the cricket .
TW3 Beaver

From reading the programme, the trains appear to be non existent.

Good luck to anyone going.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:14 pm Tonbridge away Saturday. May go and watch the cricket .
I will have to go in the club car given the train strike. We need a win so would like to see an attacking line-up.
Shepperton Supporter

This will be our opponents first game at home on their new pitch. They have already picked up 7 points on their travels so this game is not going to be easy. They have a new manager who has reshaped the squad. In our present form a draw would be good and with a tough Havant game to follow we could be in the bottom four by the end of August. Let’s hope I am wrong!

As for selection I would think Schokumbi might get a start, thought he looked useful last night, if Block and Fernandes are both out then defensive options are limited. Need to get sorted a reliable penalty taker! Four misses, inc Woking, on the trot is terrible.
HamptonMad

Tonbridge have beaten Weymouth away. Dover away. And a 1.1 draw away at Slough. So it will be a very tough game.
TW3 Beaver

Great result, any comments from anyone that actually managed to get there?
TW3 Beaver

Tony

I said I wanted to see what Shokunbi and Kurran-Browne might bring to the side. By halftime, Shokunbi had scored twice and assisted Wood for a slightly surprising 3-0 lead, surprising in that Tonbridge had dominated possession but without really threatening and we converted our first three attempts on goal. Kurran-Browne in for Barzey did well enough but faded a bit in the second half in which we were pinned back by a series of route one balls from Tonbridge. Our back four were superb in fending off the aerial assault but midfield less so and a mistake from Gray lead to a Tonbridge lifeline. Visions of Cheshunt? Fortunately a late goal from Barzey after a tremendous break away by Whittingham made the game secure. A very good win. Shokunbi impressed but unfortunately limped off so not sure if that will prevent him appearing next Saturday. Think we still need a bit more grit in midfield when under pressure though.
TW10

thanks for report Tony.. fantastic win, well done everybody.. was surprised to see Barzey on the branch as he is our star man. Pleased for Shokunbi as he has waited patiently for his chance.,
Tony

Think we were all surprised to see Barzey on the bench. Suspect there is a story behind that. Kurran -Browne deserved his chance and showed he is capable but Barzey adds something different with is ability to break the lines and create panic in the opposing defence. Also would just say that Babalola is knocking on the door for a start. Wins more in the air than Wood and holds the ball up better. Whether he can score as many may be the issue.
HamptonMad

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:32 pm Tonbridge have beaten Weymouth away. Dover away. And a 1.1 draw away at Slough. So it will be a very tough game.
Well i got that wrong. Well done lads. 4.1 win.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shepperton Supporter

Taking Tony’s point about Barzey perhaps he might come in for Iliac next week?