St Albans Home Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

St Albans Home Saturday. They in 14th on 9 points. We have 5 points and in need of a win. IMO We will win.
Big Rich

Yes, I can see us getting three points. We just need the team performance to click.
I have cleaned the Club Car in preparation. Using the hose pipe (don’t tell Thames Water).
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

All matches this weekend postponed.
Lord Elpus

TW2-Beaver wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:05 pm All matches this weekend postponed.
What a ridiculous decision. The ideal opportunity for people to come together, sing the national anthem, have a minute's silence and do something normal.
Stanwell Beaver

I'm not particularly a 'Royalist'...nor a 'Republican', but you can't tell me that Her Majesty (RIP) would have requested that ALL sporting and cultural activities be postponed in her name - she would NOT have said that. The 'authorities' have missed the opportunity for people to come together in the name of sport and culture and pay their respects whilst enjoying the cultural and health (mental also) benefits of these gatherings.
What a crap decision!!
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

I think it's appropriate. It's just that we haven't experienced the death of a Monarch for so long that people don't really know what to expect. I would say it isn't really "respect" if it's on the condition of it not inconveniencing ones plans.
Lord Elpus

Stanwell Beaver wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:17 pm I'm not particularly a 'Royalist'...nor a 'Republican', but you can't tell me that Her Majesty (RIP) would have requested that ALL sporting and cultural activities be postponed in her name - she would NOT have said that. The 'authorities' have missed the opportunity for people to come together in the name of sport and culture and pay their respects whilst enjoying the cultural and health (mental also) benefits of these gatherings.
What a crap decision!!
Totally agree. On an afternoon where shops and pubs will be open, as well as lots of teams probably deciding to have an extra training session in lieu of their game, it's a complete farce.
HamptonMad

England Test match team are playing South Africa on Saturday. And ECB say Domestic Cricket can carry on.
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:00 pm England Test match team are playing South Africa on Saturday. And ECB say Domestic Cricket can carry on.

So and your point is HM?

It's all to do with money. I don't suppose you know how much a day at the oval test match costs???

Each day without play the cost of the ticket nought has to be reimbursed !

MK
Big Rich

We probably need to take the long view at a time like this. Football will be back on from Tuesday and this one weekend of postponement will soon be forgotten.
Jamie

In a time when pubs and other businesses are struggling, the weekends games being off will have caused massive amounts of income to vanish.
Stewards, stadium staff, food outlets, merchandise, pubs who need that massive match day income.

The FA made a knee jerk reaction, yet when it's disciplinary issues, admin, or even VAR they always take too bloody long to do anything.