Rest of the season?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Brit

So, now reported Gloucester considering legal action and further suggestion of a class action by about 7 clubs. No matches but plenty else going on.
RogerSW

“We respectfully request that the League strongly consider that the two divisions at Step 2 continue playing their seasons, either separately or as one.”

18 clubs across the National North & South have written to the General Manager of the National League. https://t.co/dZWBU0yPMU
Tony

I like the “respectfully” line. Dorking are considering legal action against the decision and some of the comments by their chairman could only be interpreted as very disrespectful. Threatening legal action is of course a classic bullying tactic to get your own way and will get a couple of other chancer chairman jumping on his coat tails. Objections to the vote only arose after it was clear it didn’t come out the way he wanted. Allowing 18 clubs to re-run the season in order for some of them to gain promotion just strikes me as desperate.
Mucky knees

I wonder if Mr. White has enough money to pay for legal action?!

MK
Lord Elpus

Mucky knees wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:50 am I wonder if Mr. White has enough money to pay for legal action?!

MK
Who cares quite frankly. I hope he completely overstretches himself, but I doubt it'll happen.
Tony

It’s a pressure tactic. Mark Ives, NL acting CEO, who is ex FA legal/compliance is probably not going to be fazed by a lawyers letter. I doubt the FA are going to delay the ratification of the vote so Marc White may have to injunct the FA who won’t be terribly impressed ( see South Shields attempts to use legal means to gain promotion last year). If I were the NL I would play the long game and let time run out for the dissenting clubs.
Rob Overfield

if you think about it, its a form of discrimination...
HamptonMad

Nice to see Grassroots Football can restart on 29th March. Will be good to watch a few games in the parks when it restarts. And its free.
Mucky knees

HM will that include Fulham deaf men's matches?

MK
HamptonMad

Mucky knees wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:27 pm HM will that include Fulham deaf men's matches?

MK
Not allowed to travel that far. Just a walk to the local park. In hope there is a game going on.
Tony

Marc White is now backtracking from legal action as I suspected he would have to. Doubt if all the continuation clubs want to end up suing their own league and potentially the FA as well. Listening to Mark Ives on Ollie Bayliss’ Non League show, there doesn’t seem to be any leadership about what happens next. Feels like they are ceding leadership to Marc White and his rebel alliance rather than coming up with a plan on behalf of all of the clubs.