Dover Home Saturday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
DanielNotley

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:54 pm Lost 2.0. Stay Calm. We cant Sack Gary with all these injurys. And dont forget Gary still has 2 years on his contract left. That would have to be paid up if we sack him. Can we afford that. See you all at Farnborough next Saturday 12.30 pm ko Thats it start The Club Car Mr Barbel lets get out of here.
Can we afford to get relegated, can we afford for attendance to drop?
Tony

For much of the game we were on top and showed plenty of endeavour but struggled to create actual attempts on goal. For a makeshift defence we lived down to expectations conceding an early softish goal after just two minutes but then settled down although Dover should have done better with a couple of chances. Their penalty came from an Inman handball just before half time. Second half Dover seemed content to hit on the break and again fluffed a couple of decent chances. We kept plugging away but never worked the Dover keeper.
shaunden

Agree with Tony ,plenty of effort again but can't finish off.I don't think any teams we have played lately have been that much better, we just give away bad goals and can't score. Considering the team Gary had to put out thought they played not to bad.Noticed a couple of there players went of injured and a good crowd of 538
Shepperton Supporter

With such a changed team with many players trying to adapt to the playing style and unfamiliar team mates it was a disastrous start to concede so early to a goal that could have been avoided.
We were playing an experienced team but whose form has been patchy and lost their last game to a side two steps down the pyramid. The first half had a more even feel as it progressed but we did not look like scoring. A penalty given away and two down at the interval.
The second half and we had more play but our visitors missed a couple of guilt edge chances to improve the score.
In the end another defeat , we slipped further down the table , thank goodness there appears to be several worse teams than us.
BevereeMaster

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:15 pm thank goodness there appears to be several worse teams than us.
Is there tho? I wouldn’t be so confident. We are a mid table step 3 side right now. Well we are definitely playing like one.
tones

A team that can't defend and can't score is going nowhere but down! Who is going to stop the rot. Manager. Players. Directors. Unfortunately the fans don't have a say in the matter.
TW10

Dover offered very little but didn’t need to, we handed it to them. Too many kids in the side unfortunately. Wishart looked solid as is the kind of player we need to be signing albeit short term to get over this horrendous injury crisis. Vincent is not a centre back and it’s unfair to get him to play there. We also have no holding midfield players. The loanee from
Wycombe almost wants to do want Gray does. it is incredibly difficult for the manager with the injuries but i do think as stop gaps we need more experienced players.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:54 pm Lost 2.0. Stay Calm. We cant Sack Gary with all these injurys. And dont forget Gary still has 2 years on his contract left. That would have to be paid up if we sack him. Can we afford that. See you all at Farnborough next Saturday 12.30 pm ko Thats it start The Club Car Mr Barbel lets get out of here.
Thanks HM, I’m confident about the trip to Farnborough.
Lord Elpus

I actually thought we tried to battle, despite the injuries, but although we did manage to carve out some chances we just didn't take them or capitalise. Dover were one of the poorest sides we've faced this season and we still looked fragile. Perhaps the most worrying thing for me yesterday was the complete lack of hope or expectation around the ground.
Shepperton Supporter

Whilst we can look at injuries, suspensions and the pitch as possible reasons for the slump, the fact remains we have lost 6 out of the last 7 games with an adverse goal difference of 12, bearing in mind the majority of these matches were at home. We have the third worse form guide in the league . Fortunately we are still projected to escape relegation. Hopefully the injury list might shorten to allow a more settled team and options off the bench.
From my point of view, the seeds of the problem might lie in the summer recruitment which was not great, several players were and are not up to the required level. We are now playing catch up with recruitment , filling gaps that were obvious from the outset with loans.
Jamie

TW2-Beaver wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:32 pm
Jamie wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:21 am I am still awaiting my "prize" for winning last seasons prediction league.
Happy to accept shares in the club,
or unlimited pints of Beaver Town on my next visit :-)
:roll: ok Jamie, I think the last time we discussed it I suggested that you can just have those two player-worn training tops I bought for you in the club shop last year that you haven't paid for...... 😉

oooh touchy aren't you lol.
Jamie

BevereeMaster wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:49 pm Quite embarrassing Gary blaming the pitch at the Bev for why we have so many injuries. Dowse never had this issue, nor did Dev. Just making up excuses to push for the 4g pitch.
Clubs planning application is for 3G.
However I have seen recent insight into this that certain forms could be getting banned in the next few years.

4G is awaiting FA approval, but the FA never moved quick enough and are years behind on being up to speed on the latest and much better surfaces.