Gargantuan club news

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Big Rich

This was posted on Twitter yesterday: https://twitter.com/hrbfc/status/162333 ... QLY_pfAkJA

What was the gargantuan club news? Did I miss it?
I can’t find anything. Is the Nissan Leaf being delivered earlier than expected?
Jamie

Big Rich wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:50 am This was posted on Twitter yesterday: https://twitter.com/hrbfc/status/162333 ... QLY_pfAkJA

I can’t find anything. Is the Nissan Leaf being delivered earlier than expected?
I assume the news that it was leading to was that u16s get in for free.
Which many, many clubs do as standard, as have to be attending with a paying adult, so if promoted well increases attendances and spend whilst in the ground.

The lead up and wording used, I was expecting a high profile player signing.
TW3 Beaver

Jamie wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:12 am
Big Rich wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:50 am This was posted on Twitter yesterday: https://twitter.com/hrbfc/status/162333 ... QLY_pfAkJA

Which many, many clubs do as standard, as have to be attending with a paying adult, so if promoted well increases attendances and spend whilst in the ground.

Surely that can't have been it?
Shepperton Supporter

[/quote]

[/quote]ro

I thought the same, I believe Mel is working hard to recruit better players, if not, we might struggle to avoid relegation. From what I have seen and heard Mel has started to improve things and let’s hope that continues.
The prediction table now shows us relegated with only one further win this season when Hungerford visit. Hope this proves inaccurate.
HamptonMad

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:21 am The lead up and wording used, I was expecting a high profile player signing.
[/quote]ro

I thought the same, I believe Mel is working hard to recruit better players, if not, we might struggle to avoid relegation. From what I have seen and heard Mel has started to improve things and let’s hope that continues.
The prediction table now shows us relegated with only one further win this season when Hungerford visit. Hope this proves inaccurate.
[/quote]

Well there you go. They said they would take us out of this league. Needham Market here we come next season.
Big Rich

Jamie wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:12 am

I’m fairly sure that was announced prior to the gargantuan news tweet. I can only assume it was something that fell through at the last minute.
Tony

Don’t think so. The announcement said the “gargantuan” news would be posted at 6pm and that was when the U16s news was posted.
Brit

Wonder what even more impressive adjective would be used for club news about actually winning a game
LouisFell

Brit wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:56 pm Wonder what even more impressive adjective would be used for club news about actually winning a game
If you think of any, let me know
Big Rich

LouisFell wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:14 pm
Brit wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:56 pm Wonder what even more impressive adjective would be used for club news about actually winning a game
Phantasmagorical. You’re welcome. 😊
LouisFell

Big Rich wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:41 pm
LouisFell wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:14 pm
Phantasmagorical. You’re welcome. 😊
Surely that kind of language is reserved for the club car
Big Rich

Tony wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:25 pm Don’t think so. The announcement said the “gargantuan” news would be posted at 6pm and that was when the U16s news was posted.
Oh, ok. ☹️