Slough home on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
BevereeMaster

You lot are all so childish, if this was a Gary performance you would be blaming the pitch but now Mel is here you are all screaming relegation. If you watched today and seriously think we deserved to lose and that we will go down then clearly football isn’t the sport for you.
Tony

A bad result which keeps us deep in relegation trouble. After a largely uneventful first half, Slough got on the front foot at the start of the second half and pinned us back and perhaps could have taken the lead. The ineffective Wood was taken off for Whittingham and we suddenly started to play some football. Wishart came closest with a powerful freekick which was brilliantly saved by the Slough keeper. But just as we looked to be getting on top Slough caught us with a through ball which Amartey took round the onrushing Julian for a good finish. To make matters worse, Davis got a second yellow card with 10 minutes left. With a trip to Ebbsfleet next week we are in a precarious position. Thankfully most of the bottom team lost to keep us company.

Five games into the new regime and we have lost three and drawn two. Our lack of goals still remains the biggest issue but no real signs of getting any better players in.
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:29 pm A 10 minute period of pressure on the second half, and an excellent free kick well saved by the Slough keeper, otherwise not much to report. Goal came from Alan Julian rushing out for a through ball and missing it.
I’m starting to put the addresses of the Southern League Premier South clubs in the club car’s satnav.
Yes already got Needham Market.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:56 pm
Big Rich wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:29 pm A 10 minute period of pressure on the second half, and an excellent free kick well saved by the Slough keeper, otherwise not much to report. Goal came from Alan Julian rushing out for a through ball and missing it.
I’m starting to put the addresses of the Southern League Premier South clubs in the club car’s satnav.
Yes already got Needham Market.
They’re in Premier Central HM….
Big Rich

BevereeMaster wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:38 pm You lot are all so childish, if this was a Gary performance you would be blaming the pitch but now Mel is here you are all screaming relegation. If you watched today and seriously think we deserved to lose and that we will go down then clearly football isn’t the sport for you.
No, I agree Mr Master, we deserved a point. The issue with the pitch is that if we are trying to play a passing game - as I assume Mel wants to - it’s really not helping. It’s like Boundary Park circa 1992.
Shepperton Supporter

Obviously a disappointing result. A few weeks ago I was thinking that with the changes of ownership and manager that we would be ok in regards to relegation. Recent results and especially today I am getting a bit worried. Mel has stated he needs some signings and whilst there have been a couple of loans in of young players we need more experience, especially up front.
I said to my wife Armarty is very quick and leaving him against one defender was risky. It proved right as he got clear, rounded Julian and that was it.
The confidence in the play of the two teams was obvious as our visitors have not lost this year and have moved away from the relegation zone. We need a confidence boost and that will only come through results and a couple of new faces.
James Dean

I thought it all felt a bit weird today. Almost a hollow feeling. A good atmosphere behind the away goal in the 2nd half and lots of singing, but something was missing. Felt like something had changed. Anyone else feel the same? 😔
Cliffp

Bad news I’m afraid Big Rich.

The heavy roller walked out on Thursday evening and has now also joined Hanworth Villa!
Last edited by Cliffp on Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TW10

Pretty evident that Mel doesn't rate Tommy Wood subbing him for a midfielder, after that though we played very well. Was kurren-brown also tactical? We will really struggle unless Mel manages to find a striker from somewhere and one with pace who carries a threat. Defence was good, Wishart played very well and the other full back Jenkins seems very solid. Agree with the earlier comment that it is madness to go one - one with Amarty when we have corners etc. Although results havn't gone our way and are struggling to find new players from the ones who left I do sense Mel should have replaced Gary sooner. Touch and go if we stay up.
Brit

To all new fans and with the added influence of the new kit man (with or without the heavy roller) Hanworth Villa won today.
HamptonMad

Foreward Together. We are going backwards fast.
Tony

What I don’t quite get is why we would bring in a new manager without being certain we could bring in players to improve what was a clearly struggling squad in need of more experience. Maybe we’ve underestimated the cost of bringing in the right calibre of player or maybe don’t have the right contacts although would have thought between Mel and Paul Tisdale this should not have been a problem.