Slough home on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Cliffp

Meanwhile lots of youngsters running around in red and blue!
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:19 pm What I don’t quite get is why we would bring in a new manager without being certain we could bring in players to improve what was a clearly struggling squad in need of more experience. Maybe we’ve underestimated the cost of bringing in the right calibre of player or maybe don’t have the right contacts although would have thought between Mel and Paul Tisdale this should not have been a problem.
Think many us are concerned about the lack of quality recruitment. In his interview once again Mel alluded to getting in players to boost the squad. As for contacts of both Mel and possibly Paul, these might be full time players currently in the football league under contract. Getting them even on loan , would be difficult for a part time club, wage disparity between us and a league club might be an adverse factor. It might be that several possible contacts might already know they will not get a renewed contract with their current club, but the present employer would retain them as cover , although if we offered a fee it might be a different story!
HamptonMad

My thoughts. That is the worst pitch i have seen at the Bev in 63 years. How can players be expected to play on that pitch. Slough management also complained about our pitch on Youtube. Pitch needs sorting as soon as possible.
Jamie

I don't think Mel was ever meant to be the "manager" of the first team, he was brought in with a very long winded title, effectively "Director of Football" which is needed in truth, however when the decision was made to sack Gary, it was then Mel put into the role.
I would expect in the summer a First Team Manager, or rather "First Team Head Coach" will be appointed, and Mel will move upstairs to build a pathway structure at the club.
It's clear he doesn't have the contacts or black book at these lower levels, which is going to cause major problems trying to improve the squad this season to try and stay up.

Hampton are very much bottom of the form table for last 10 games, with only 5 points gained. All the other bottom clubs managing to start getting occasional wins.
Hampton need some wins, and soon, to have any chance of staying up.

However, if Hampton need to find their sustainable level at step 3, then so be it.
geedub

Am I right to assume there will be no video highlights of the Slough game?
I saw there were a couple of handheld cameras being used a bit but the camera gantry was empty for the whole match, presumably used to be manned by people we have now lost?
If so, it's sad that we can't provide that at the moment when every other team in our league does. Hopefully that can be resolved soon.
Shepperton Supporter

With regard to the filming of the match, I too noted the absence of anyone in the gantry. Sure it will get rectified soon, there appears to be a lot of reorganisation at the club at present.
In view of recent home performances it might be the club are struggling to a get an appropriate viewing certification from the British Board of Censors!!
BevereeMaster

I’m not sure if you guys were looking properly as Slough have released footage of their goal that would have been filmed from the gantry?
BevereeMaster

They also credited HRBFC for the footage. Maybe a trip to spec-savers needed gents ;)
geedub

BevereeMaster wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:51 pm I’m not sure if you guys were looking properly as Slough have released footage of their goal that would have been filmed from the gantry?
I have subsequently seen that footage and agree it looks like it is taken from above pitch level - maybe we have new stealthy cameras and cameramen then...and perhaps we are not going to put out the highlights publicly or maybe only passworded on Vimeo...
Big Rich

BevereeMaster wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:51 pm I’m not sure if you guys were looking properly as Slough have released footage of their goal that would have been filmed from the gantry?
There were using one of these new automatic cameras: https://www.veo.co/en-gb/sport/football
BevereeMaster

Very good piece of kit, always tracks the ball. No room for error really
geedub

BevereeMaster wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:29 pm Very good piece of kit, always tracks the ball. No room for error really
Ahh i see - nice. Hope we can test out its tracking on the away team goal soon!