Middlesex Senior Cup??

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:53 pm Have you documentary evidence the Surrey Championship has been designated as Elite level sport?
As you haven’t done this HM, we therefore must assume there isn’t and you’re just being windy.
Last edited by Rob Overfield on Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Overfield

HamptonMad wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:26 am
Jamie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:16 am Back to the title of the thread.
Next round has been announced and drawn.
(I think it's farcical that in a null and void season this is going ahead, but anyhow)

Hampton Vs Spelthorne Sports
matches to be played w/c 12th April.

It was actually listed as "Hampton" so not sure if the club has to use players from pre 1998? That would be fun. Haha

But, what an opportunity!! The government restrictions change on 12th April allowing pub, bars etc to serve outside..... so that means with this home game, and everyone desperate to watch football, HRBFC will be able to generate to really good income. I imagine it may need to be an academy team taking to the pitch if the 1st team are on furlough, but even so, should get at least a couple of hundred in the ground, bar and food open ££££.

Nice little boost to the finances.
Best wait and see what The Club Statement says. I have my doubts the game will take place.
https://www.hamptonfc.net/teams/110868/ ... /0-4987139

It’s happening.
Adam

Rob Overfield wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:26 am
Jamie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:16 am Back to the title of the thread.
Next round has been announced and drawn.
(I think it's farcical that in a null and void season this is going ahead, but anyhow)

Hampton Vs Spelthorne Sports
matches to be played w/c 12th April.

It was actually listed as "Hampton" so not sure if the club has to use players from pre 1998? That would be fun. Haha

But, what an opportunity!! The government restrictions change on 12th April allowing pub, bars etc to serve outside..... so that means with this home game, and everyone desperate to watch football, HRBFC will be able to generate to really good income. I imagine it may need to be an academy team taking to the pitch if the 1st team are on furlough, but even so, should get at least a couple of hundred in the ground, bar and food open ££££.

Nice little boost to the finances.
Best wait and see what The Club Statement says. I have my doubts the game will take place.

It’s happening.
Surely we won't be playing a 1st team as those that haven't left are surely furloughed so wouldn't be able to play unless we want to pay them again. Might stick the Academy out?
Mucky knees

Rob don't let HM wind you up

Last year the Surreychampionship was played in a much truncated way from the previous summer.

They had a league of ten teams in 2019 playing each other home and away in two formats 50 overs per side then mid summer for around two months 120 overs format then for conclusion of the season back to 50 overs a side.

Yes last summer season went ahead but only seven games were played.

Spectators were allowed in with social distancing practices from beginning of July to the first week in Sepptember

MK
TW3 Beaver

I seem to have misunderstood I thought this was the Middlesex Senior Cup Thread.
Rob Overfield

Adam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:39 pm

It’s happening.
Surely we won't be playing a 1st team as those that haven't left are surely furloughed so wouldn't be able to play unless we want to pay them again. Might stick the Academy out?
At moment in time, I’m not sure which but it will stay as a 1st team fixture at the moment, it doesn’t look good to say we’re only able to put the academy out, even though people will understand the situation.
Jamie

Rob Overfield wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:36 am
Adam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:39 pm

It’s happening.
At moment in time, I’m not sure which but it will stay as a 1st team fixture at the moment, it doesn’t look good to say we’re only able to put the academy out, even though people will understand the situation.
Regardless of first team players, or academy players, it will still be a "1st team fixture" just as Aston Villa had to play the kids versus Liverpool in the FA Cup.

Fans cannot attend, however the bar can open and serve drinks outside, but would have to put a screen up so you cannot watch the game.
Worth doing though surely, to get much needed bar income.

Can the 1st team players not be used on the flexi furlough scheme? Although I don't think it's worth it. Any non contract players should be released. Why should players on non contract terms get paid by the tax payer when there is no football taking place.
Rob Overfield

Jamie wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:18 pm
Regardless of first team players, or academy players, it will still be a "1st team fixture" just as Aston Villa had to play the kids versus Liverpool in the FA Cup.

Fans cannot attend, however the bar can open and serve drinks outside, but would have to put a screen up so you cannot watch the game.
Worth doing though surely, to get much needed bar income.

Can the 1st team players not be used on the flexi furlough scheme? Although I don't think it's worth it. Any non contract players should be released. Why should players on non contract terms get paid by the tax payer when there is no football taking place.
It’s not as simple as that as the COVID segregation for the players will still have to be put in place.

If you’d looked at the clubs COVID risk assessments (freely available on the website) you’ll see why your suggestion isn’t practical.

Spelthorne will probably have use of the tunnel and the Hampton players will come through the Hammonds car park (designated as red zone) and onto the pitch in front of the refreshment hatch, so where would this screen you wish for be placed?

Plus the club would have to re-start up lots of contracts to open Hammond’s, stock it, staff it and how would they manage the required table service?

Sorry Jamie, but as Safety and Operations Officer David Rees has told me on many occasions during the last year or so, rules are rules, plus you cannot separate Hammonds from the rest of the club, it’s is not classed a pub although it has a license to serve alcohol.

All the straws you’re throwing out and then grasping have already been considered and assessed by the club.
HamptonMad

Come to Sunbury cc and watch some Surrey Championship elite cricket on the 8th May 12 noon start. Enclosed ground. Free entry. Free parking. No Glass screens. Plenty of social distancing. And only a mile down the road from Hampton. There is also Hampton hill v Long ditton in another elite match also 12 noon . .
Mucky knees

Come to Sunbury HM? I thought you hated them with a vengeance!

MK
HamptonMad

Mucky knees wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:45 am Come to Sunbury HM? I thought you hated them with a vengeance!

MK
Sunbury are a good club as you well know. Chris Page Hampton and Epsom goalkeeper played cricket for them. As did Richard Johnson Middlesex and England, and many well known international overseas players. Sunbury are a well run Elite club i enjoy going there. I hope to see you there MK.. Not sure when we will see Hampton fc play football again. Especially if we get a third Covid wave.
Mucky knees

Bot forgetting Nashy (David Nashy) and Adam London who's now director of cricket at Richmond cricket club..

MK