Hungerford Home. Friday 3pm

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Paul Tisdale who acted as a consultant for the new owners and knows Mel well was on the bench today. Interesting?!
TW3 Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:41 pm Paul Tisdale who acted as a consultant for the new owners and knows Mel well was on the bench today. Interesting?!
Will Mel be moving to more of a DoF role, with Paul Tisdale taking over as Head Coach?
Shepperton Supporter

TW3 Beaver wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:58 pm [quote="Shepperton Supporter" post_id=5648 time=<a href="tel:1680892906">1680892906</a> user_id=70]
Paul Tisdale who acted as a consultant for the new owners and knows Mel well was on the bench today. Interesting?!
Will Mel be moving to more of a DoF role, with Paul Tisdale taking over as Head Coach?
[/quote]
No idea, think if there is anything then the club will inform us in due course. Personally I think Mel has done a good job, hate to think where we would have ended up without a change of manager.
GRTourist

Thought that was a really good win today. Yeah, Hungerford had a lot of the play, particularly in the second half, but they're scrapping for survival so can't expect anyone to roll over in that position. Julian, Inman and Fernandez made some exceptional interventions at the back, and we did enough in the final third to get the goals to win.

No one has picked up more points than us in the last eight matches (joint with Ebbsfleet on 18 points from the last possible 24) - what a turnaround.
TW10

We are very lucky to have Mel as manager, i hope nothing changes. Am sure Tisdale there as a favour as they know each other so well
Big Rich

What was the attendance? I didn’t catch it but it sounded like over 1000?
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:52 am What was the attendance? I didn’t catch it but it sounded like over 1000?
1,028 thats what i heard.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Yes, 1,028 was announced.
Tony

Mel has shown that he is a good coach, no doubt, and is a genuinely nice guy. The squad was clearly underperforming its capabilities and most of the long term injuries have cleared up which has helped, Fernandez being the most key in my view. The key question is next season and we will have to wait before seeing how that might work out. If we want Mel to stay then he’ll need a new contract and no doubt bigger budget. Depends what goals will be set for next season by the board but can’t see them content with mid table mediocrity but some big clubs likely coming down from the NL who will outspend most of the league to get back up. At the same time a lot of money being spent on facilities and 3G etc. We can’t have a repeat of this dire season, highest we’ve been all season is 11th.
DanielNotley

How high can we finish? Technically it’s still mathematically possible to get relegated but I doubt that will happen, I feel we could catch Hemel Hempstead, their last four games are terrible, Dulwich, Eastbourne, Chelmsford and Worthing, let’s try and finish as high as possible, take nothing for granted and what a turnaround.

Hampton Mad is 40 points still enough for safety and who do you trust now? 😝😝
Shepperton Supporter

From what Tony wrote it seems Mel was only on a short contract. Obviously it would seem to be in everyone’s interest to get this situation cleared up ASAP. Mel has worked wonders and we all hope this continues. My only concern is he lives some way away and this might prove the stumbling block. Especially if we go for training full time. It might be that we go for a player/coach/manager being overseen by Mel?
As for progress off the field, obviously this will take resources but is great for the future. As to the playing staff, retained list will give a clue, our new owners are going to look for playoffs as a minimum next season and so I would expect some quality signings.
Interesting times ahead.
Big Rich

TW2-Beaver wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:08 am Yes, 1,028 was announced.
Thanks both.