Rest of the season?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Lord Elpus

Tony wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:27 am One suggestion I read, was that all the clubs should ask to play so that it is now a 43 team competition. We can put out a scratch team and bung up the works by having too many games to play.
Good idea, this would give it even less credibility and would mean the clubs with more money than sense would be even more diminished.
Jamie

Great idea! The remaining clubs should all say they are willing to play, just to make the notion even more ridiculous.
Could even just sign up supporters to play. Even get them to pay to play to raise money.
Whoryer

Common sense prevails at last.The FA alliance committee have rejected plans for a mini league.The meltdown from Dorking should be fun
Tony

I wonder why the NL even considered it, appeasing certain club chairman I would imagine. I will wait to see how many redundancies will be made at Dorking as Marc White claimed would happen if the league did not continue. I’m guessing none.
Lord Elpus

Thank goodness that common sense has prevailed. Mouthy moneymen like White need to realise they can't get what they want all the time.
Please tell me they've got a forum...it could take over from Wealdstone's for entertainment value!
Tony

Read White’s press release. He’s a very unhappy bunny threatening more action. Maybe he should find another league to play in which he could win every season.
HamptonMad

Dorking go 3.1 up against Southend under 23 in the Marc White Mini league. A win puts them 6 points clear. Marc White also won manager of the month. And Dorking team of the month. All sponsored by Marc White Ltd.
Lord Elpus

Latest Marc White Bulletin for your Saturday afternoon delight.

https://twitter.com/dorkingwdrs/status/ ... 63265?s=21

He's like the Apprentice candidate that gets voted off in the first week...
Tony

The NL has now handed out fines to the clubs who refused to play (Dover £40,000!) and given them suspended points deductions for next season. As you can imagine this is like pouring petrol on a lit fire and clubs are now being canvassed for a vote of no confidence in the NL board. If successful the very existence of the NL could be in question. Why the NL could not just have left it at a suspended points deduction is beyond me. Clubs now being fined because the NL board messed up the grants situation leaving many of their own clubs financially exposed.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:14 pm Dorking go 3.1 up against Southend under 23 in the Marc White Mini league. A win puts them 6 points clear. Marc White also won manager of the month. And Dorking team of the month. All sponsored by Marc White Ltd.
What club car do Dorking have HM? Range Rover?
Big Rich

Tony wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:15 am The NL has now handed out fines to the clubs who refused to play (Dover £40,000!) and given them suspended points deductions for next season. As you can imagine this is like pouring petrol on a lit fire and clubs are now being canvassed for a vote of no confidence in the NL board. If successful the very existence of the NL could be in question. Why the NL could not just have left it at a suspended points deduction is beyond me. Clubs now being fined because the NL board messed up the grants situation leaving many of their own clubs financially exposed.
I think Dover will start on minus 12 points Tony?
Rob Overfield

Tony wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:15 am The NL has now handed out fines to the clubs who refused to play (Dover £40,000!) and given them suspended points deductions for next season. As you can imagine this is like pouring petrol on a lit fire and clubs are now being canvassed for a vote of no confidence in the NL board. If successful the very existence of the NL could be in question. Why the NL could not just have left it at a suspended points deduction is beyond me. Clubs now being fined because the NL board messed up the grants situation leaving many of their own clubs financially exposed.
Going to split hairs here and say that the League did not hand out the decisions or punishments, it was an independent panel, acting on behalf of the League.

Although, I do think the level of fines were a bit OTT. I was half expecting Dover to be demoted to our division though.