New season

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
BevereeMaster

They also say he has hamstrings made out of string cheese somewhere.
BevereeMaster

Probably won’t happen but Ricketts has left Boreham Wood, local to here, defender whose experienced and might be looking to start coaching so could fit in perfectly with what Mel wants and is also missing
Shepperton Supporter

BevereeMaster wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:50 pm Probably won’t happen but Ricketts has left Boreham Wood, local to here, defender whose experienced and might be looking to start coaching so could fit in perfectly with what Mel wants and is also missing
Interesting point, he is 38 now so will be looking at finishing his playing career. Agree Mel wants a central defender even if Fernandez signs, and an experienced player /coach would appear to be on his wish list.
I would also look at players who have been at Exeter and other clubs that Mel has been involved with, there are a couple that spring to mind, whether they are available, might depend if they are going to be released this summer.
Shepperton Supporter

There has been mixed comments on the new players thus far. I don’t think we will be able to get a balanced view until the recruitment is finished. The standard of the strikers, defender and possibly midfield may well be of a higher level , don’t forget retained list are not all out.
Tony

Ryan Upward released from Maidenhead Utd. Central Midfielder 31. Worth a look?
Lord Elpus

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:58 am There has been mixed comments on the new players thus far. I don’t think we will be able to get a balanced view until the recruitment is finished. The standard of the strikers, defender and possibly midfield may well be of a higher level , don’t forget retained list are not all out.
It's certainly been interesting, and it's good to see us signing a few players with a bit of a pedigree for a change. I have to say I'm a bit surprised though, as at his "Meet The Manager" evening when he first took over I got the distinct impression Mel would be signing players freshly released from academies, or at least younger players. A bit of me groaned at that because although clearly talented and skilful they aren't always physically up to it. I know we have signed a couple of younger lads too but our experience factor has certainly increased considerably, over the last couple of weeks especially.
BevereeMaster

Ben Seymour has left Plymouth Parkway, scored 27 goals for them last season could make the step up, was with Mel at Exeter, one to keep an eye out for maybe.
EastTerracer

BevereeMaster wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:59 pm Ben Seymour has left Plymouth Parkway, scored 27 goals for them last season could make the step up, was with Mel at Exeter, one to keep an eye out for maybe.
Seems to have played 31 games on loan at National League South clubs and scored 1 goal.
Tony

It’s a long way on the bus!
BevereeMaster

Was born and raised in Watford so not like he’s a stranger to this area
Shepperton Supporter

As names are being put about. It might be out of our league but Jordon Moore-Taylor has just been released by Forest Green Rovers, he played for Tisdale and Mel at Exeter and M k Dons.
Josh2002

EastTerracer wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:26 pm
BevereeMaster wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:59 pm Ben Seymour has left Plymouth Parkway, scored 27 goals for them last season could make the step up, was with Mel at Exeter, one to keep an eye out for maybe.
Seems to have played 31 games on loan at National League South clubs and scored 1 goal.
If you're going off his wiki page, it also says he has 0 goals in 0 games for Plymouth Parkway, when he clearly scored 20 last season.