Squad for 21/22 Season.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Listening to Gary’s recent interview he indicated that he expects to sign on 14- 15 of last season’s squad and add 4-5 new players to fill roles that he feels need strengthening. He added that, of these recruits 2-3, are close to being announced and that squad make up details could be made over the next couple of weeks.
With regards to the retained players , Julian, Inman, Ruddick, Wassmer Cox, Farrell, Gray, Deadfield, Muir, Miller Rodney spring to mind, that’s ten, so there must be others? Any thoughts?
Reading that Woking are going full time, could there be some ex Hampton players returning?
Looks like a time of logging into the web site for information!
Stanwell Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:53 am Listening to Gary’s recent interview he indicated that he expects to sign on 14- 15 of last season’s squad and add 4-5 new players to fill roles that he feels need strengthening. He added that, of these recruits 2-3, are close to being announced and that squad make up details could be made over the next couple of weeks.
With regards to the retained players , Julian, Inman, Ruddick, Wassmer Cox, Farrell, Gray, Deadfield, Muir, Miller Rodney spring to mind, that’s ten, so there must be others? Any thoughts?
Reading that Woking are going full time, could there be some ex Hampton players returning?
Looks like a time of logging into the web site for information!
Yes, all of those, plus Donaldson (surely) and then also the likes of Smith, hopefully and the younger members like Uche and Coleman. Not forgetting Niko Muir, who's our player, aside of his recent loan to Woking. Be good to see one/some of Fisher, Gondoh and Vilhete also......Wow!! What a strong squad that would be.
Really looking forward to the new campaign.
Shepperton Supporter

Would agree about Donaldson, did the list too quick! Agree about Gondoh and the others you mentioned. it might depend on where Gary feels the squad needs strengthening.
Tony

I’d take Max K back certainly if he doesn’t go full time at Woking. I would be surprised if Casey and Cook went full time given their careers and bit have that extra experience at NL level.
Shepperton Supporter

The three players Tony mentioned would be on my list. Max K does coaching at Woking, so it might not be possible. I know Casey has a good job outside football , he is very much a Dowse player, so it might depend on a compromise. Don’t know about Cook, so could not comment. Like all players it will depend on what is offered by us and others.
Would not expect much news till the NL league finishes and Dowse announces his retained list. We read he has already got several new players lined up.
Whoryer

My guess is that it's the 14 names already mentioned and Minhas cause Gary seems to really rate him.Great news sounds like he's managed to keep most of the squad together,as most teams especially league's below the championship squads mostly change every season.Just wish the next bit of news from the club is we are going to be called Hampton FC again.What a time to change back in our Centenary year
Shepperton Supporter

One player at Woking who is ex Hampton is Dave Tarpey, he has not been used for some time by Dowse and is not prepared to go full time. A prolific scorer at our level before he went full time at Barnet where he picked up a serious injury. Whether given his age and injury record he might be worth a punt will be Gary’s call.
Adam

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:18 pm One player at Woking who is ex Hampton is Dave Tarpey, he has not been used for some time by Dowse and is not prepared to go full time. A prolific scorer at our level before he went full time at Barnet where he picked up a serious injury. Whether given his age and injury record he might be worth a punt will be Gary’s call.
I think the one issue with Tarpey is that since coming back from injury he has often missed games played on artificial pitches. This was the case when he first got back not sure if it still is. If that is the case then we have quite a few opponents now that play on artificial pitches. However if he is willing to play on them occasionally then it might work in our favour as that rules out some teams for him to go to. Slough, Dorking, Oxford all in the catchment area that Tarpey would potentially travel.
TW10

I personally would have a fit Farrell over Casey..stronger, better left foot and can head a ball.. also Casey whinging and rolling around is embarrassing
RogerB

TW10 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:22 am I personally would have a fit Farrell over Casey..stronger, better left foot and can head a ball.. also Casey whinging and rolling around is embarrassing
Totally agree. Farrell has a better right foot as well, though, come to think of it, I never saw Casey attempt to kick the ball with his right foot.
Shepperton Supporter

I note on the twitter feed that there might be some exciting news today. Players committed to 21/22 ? Or a signing?
Shepperton Supporter

No names but 13 players signed up for next season. No doubt we will get details shortly.