HRBFC Twitter; Who would you like in first 3 games?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
DistantBeaver

Last edited by DistantBeaver on Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoryer

The thing I don't understand is the new owners have upset alot of people and seem to want to run the club professionally so why has there been no communication from them about the apparent lack of activity at the ground since the season ended.I lived in Hatherop Rd as a kid until I was nearly 18 and was in Hatherop park most days and don't want the club ending up back playing there.None of you know me on here as I have lived in Cheshire for 37 years so don't get to many games now,but I was hoping when Louis said about doing the newsletter during the summer it would be news about the work being done at the ground not what has been in them.This isn't a criticism of you Louis think you have done a great job having been left on your own to begin with.
TW3 Beaver

Getting back to the original topic of the thread.

Does it really matter who we want or get in the first three games?

Got to play them all, home and away at some point during the season.
DistantBeaver

TW3 Beaver wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:33 am Getting back to the original topic of the thread.

Does it really matter who we want or get in the first three games?

Got to play them all, home and away at some point during the season.
Personally I think it does cause getting that first win the longer it goes on the harder it gets

Hopefully get the win early on

And I absolutely get what your saying cause every team has there surprises
Brit

RogerB wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:44 pm Some quotes from one of the directors that I contacted on Monday....

"A range of works is progressing and supporters are asked to stay away from the ground for safety reasons."

"As a precaution, we have asked for early league fixtures to be away, if possible."

"It's bound to be a different kind of August for us, but longer-term it will be transformational for the club."

So there you go, no need to panic then, despite Beveree looking derelict, workers are beavering away behind the scenes out of sight of those supporters who have defied the edict to stay away, we have obviously found some 3G pitch installers who will do a world-class job in record time and no need to make contingency plans to groundshare for the first three months.
Guess we can stick with 'famous last words'
BevereeMaster

Whoryer wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:01 pm The thing I don't understand is the new owners have upset alot of people and seem to want to run the club professionally so why has there been no communication from them about the apparent lack of activity at the ground since the season ended.I lived in Hatherop Rd as a kid until I was nearly 18 and was in Hatherop park most days and don't want the club ending up back playing there.None of you know me on here as I have lived in Cheshire for 37 years so don't get to many games now,but I was hoping when Louis said about doing the newsletter during the summer it would be news about the work being done at the ground not what has been in them.This isn't a criticism of you Louis think you have done a great job having been left on your own to begin with.
Depends what you class as a lot of people, the club has a lot more fans than just the volunteers who left, all the kids who have been coming down and their parents will have nothing but good things to say about the owners, so I think that opening line is incorrect.
DistantBeaver

Last edited by DistantBeaver on Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
BevereeMaster

If anything the club is more family friendly than ever, we have gone back to letting children come in for free, which we had to stop as we could not afford to continue, we have face painting for the children, music and “acts” pre game which I’d say is pretty welcoming for families, we did a parents Vs kids penalty shootout recently at half time and we are consistently having schools/teams on the pitch pre game and half time.

Not sure how we have become less family friendly at all. Not everybody who comes to Hampton know the politics like most in here, so the club will be portrayed in the exact same light or even better due to the things they have brought in, despite the riff they had with staff/volunteers.
DistantBeaver

Last edited by DistantBeaver on Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
BevereeMaster

One of our most loyal fans daughter was working behind the bar once the new owners joined, working with her were Rudy and Charlie who are two popular and well known people at the club. Each to their own.
DistantBeaver

Last edited by DistantBeaver on Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DistantBeaver