Concord Chairman steps down

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:42 pm Alex Wall has signed for Havant from Concord, so that’s a second striker they have signed this close season following James Roberts from Oxford City. Havant have also signed central defender Joe Oastler from Oxford City. Looks like Havant and Dorking are going for it next season!
Jamie

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:42 pm Alex Wall has signed for Havant from Concord, so that’s a second striker they have signed this close season following James Roberts from Oxford City. Havant have also signed central defender Joe Oastler from Oxford City. Looks like Havant and a Dorking are going for it next season.
James Roberts is a class act! I had the pleasure of seeing him play for a couple of months for Alvechurch, and he was absolutely superb.
I recommended him to Gary pre-season before last, but he was being offered some big money and ended up at Spennymoor I think.
He will certainly make Havant an even bigger force.
Tony

Concord have appointed their U18s manager as new first team boss. Feels very much like the appointment you make when you don’t have much of a budget to offer. Clearly many better qualified or experienced managers out there.
Shepperton Supporter

Agree about the new manager, although he could turn out to be good in the long run. Would not surprise me if the majority of the players that appeared at Wembley a few weeks ago will have left before next season. Wonder if we are interested?
Jamie

Tony wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:44 am Concord have appointed their U18s manager as new first team boss. Feels very much like the appointment you make when you don’t have much of a budget to offer. Clearly many better qualified or experienced managers out there.
Good luck to him. Managed the u18s for 4 years.
Promoting from within the club, he probably knows all about the club, and has their best interests at heart.
It's refreshing to see someone making a step up, rather than a "name" who just brings across a mass of players from the previous club.