Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

..posted today.

FACELIFT: THE BEV RE-OPENS AFTER HIGHEST EVER INVESTMENT
Louis Fell31 Aug - 12:54
Share via
FacebookTwitter
https://www.hrbfc.co.uk/news/f

Hampton & Richmond FC is delighted to welcome back fans for its open day on Sunday 3rd of September, following a £750K upgrade to core infrastructure

Following a £750K upgrade to core infrastructure during the off-season at the Beveree Stadium, Hampton & Richmond FC is delighted to welcome back fans for its open day on Sunday 3rd of September ahead of the first home match of the season against Weymouth on Tuesday 5th of September.
Since taking over in December 2022, the new owners have invested north of £1 million into Hampton & Richmond FC to stabilise and conduct much needed upgrades to Club operations and infrastructure.

The Club is working closely with the London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames to deliver the long-term goal of installing a 3G pitch and LED floodlights which will deliver more use opportunities and revenue for the Club. As soon as it was clear that the necessary processes wouldn’t be completed in time for the new season, Club leadership acted decisively and delivered the necessary infrastructure and fan experience upgrades to safely welcome back fans for the new season – including the first investment in the Beveree pitch for more than a decade.

In what is the highest investment ever deployed in the Club’s 100+ year history, The Bev has had a facelift including amongst many other things, an entire new electrical system with safety lights, essential maintenance to the media tower and hospitality box, high-speed WIFI, improved workspace for staff, upgraded Club Shop and provision for improved food and beverage outlets.

The grass is greener than it has ever been after significant investment on the pitch refurbishment including ongoing maintenance throughout the season. The core, and fundamental, infrastructure of The Bev has been upgraded enabling the Club to safely welcome fans for decades to come.

Director of Football and First Team Manager, Mel Gwinnett, said “It’s been a long month playing away from home and I know that we are all excited to play in front of our local fans and community. My staff and I oversaw the pitch works and I’m happy to say that it looks great, can’t wait for the lads to play on it – I’d like to also thank our travelling fans who have been with us during this start of the season, I hope to see many of you at the Open Day and for our homecoming match against Weymouth.”

Hampton & Richmond FC are hosting their Open Day on Sunday 3rd of September from 11am to 1pm where fans will be able to meet players, technical staff, and get more background on the significant investment into their favourite stadium.

Free tickets to the Open Day are available by CLICKING HERE . Season Ticket holders do not need to claim a ticket, and can show up directly at 11am. Fans will be able to also buy food from Village Grill and buy one of the bespoke replica shirts.

Up the Beavers!
Les1949

Can't wait to see it on Sunday!
Tony

Does the £750k include the 3G and floodlights? Hard to see how we will have spent that much if it is addition to the 3G. Also not fair to say nothing has been spent on the pitch for 10 years. I remember quite a lot has been spent in recent seasons.
Les1949

SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN...with apologies to Monty Python!

Errm lets recount a few things.

Kit Storage building...got rid of as no longer good for the image!
Trust hut removed..see above!
Burger Van on half way line..brought in as a wreck from Walton & Hersham, completely refurbished and brought into use by volunteers
Corner Bar (Thirsty Beaver)...built by volunteers
Media Tower.....erected with the assistance of volunteers
New Ladies Toilet in inner car park (now a Fan Zone) - old toilet block taken down and removed by volunteers

Pitch Maintenance carried out every close season overseen by an excellent groundsman - included levelling, seeding, fertilising, aerating, weedkilling. Richard made the best of a job given limited resources provided to him and always produced an excellent pitch.Prior to Richard's tenure there were numerous occasions when money was spent on the pitch. The only reason it looked so s**t last season was all maintenance was stopped because of an imminent artificial pitch. Also, the reason for the late commencement of home games is due to missing deadlines on 3G and Floodlights, necessitating a VERY late change of tack and start work on the grass (new?) pitch (by contractors) late in the summer.

I could go on with even more, but I need to get out and mow my lawn before it rains.
Last edited by Les1949 on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord Elpus

Tony wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:59 pm Does the £750k include the 3G and floodlights? Hard to see how we will have spent that much if it is addition to the 3G. Also not fair to say nothing has been spent on the pitch for 10 years. I remember quite a lot has been spent in recent seasons.
Exactly this. And a little communication about all this a few weeks ago would have gone a very long way.
EastTerracer

Just imagine the article if the pitch and floodlights had actually been done.
TW16Brucie

Les1949 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:41 pm SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN...with apologies to Monty Python!

Burger Van on half way line..brought in as a wreck from Walton & Hersham, completely refurbished and brought into use by volunteers
New Ladies Toilet in inner car park (now a Fan Zone) - old toilet block taken down and removed by volunteers

Pitch Maintenance carried out every close season overseen by an excellent groundsman - included levelling, seeding, fertilising, aerating, weedkilling. Richard made the best of a job given limited resources provided to him and always produced an excellent pitch.Prior to Richard's tenure there were numerous occasions when money was spent on the pitch. The only reason it looked so s**t last season was all maintenance was stopped because of an imminent artificial pitch. Also, the reason for the late commencement of home games is due to missing deadlines on 3G and Floodlights, necessitating a VERY late change of tack and start work on the grass (new?) pitch (by contractors) late in the summer.

I could go on with even more, but I need to get out and mow my lawn before it rains.
Well said Les. What an insult, littered with ignorance.by Mr Fell?
HamptonMad

Mr Fell. Says what he is told to.
BevereeMaster

Les1949 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:41 pm SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN...with apologies to Monty Python!

It says first investment on the pitch not the ground so half of these points are irrelevant Les?
RogerB

Brucie, I'd imagine that Louis Fell is just regurgitating the communique handed to him by the owners.
On balance, and with many reservations, I do feel this is good news, not least because news has been in such short supply over the close season.
Unfortunately, once again, the owners cannot help resorting to hyperbole and corporate jargon so the whole thing is reminiscent of any Conservative Party propaganda communication since Johnson took over.
"Infrastructure and fan experience upgrades" ????
"Stabilise and conduct much needed upgrades to Club operations and infrastructure" ????
"The core, and fundamental, infrastructure has been upgraded" ????
Can someone translate these for me, please?
OK, there are some more details given about the media tower (is this the scaffolding from where matches are filmed?), the ladies' toilet and the club shop but why confuse the issue with all this unnecessary jargon?
There's also continuing vagueness about why the 3G pitch and new floodlights didn't go ahead. What are these "necessary processes"? We were told last season that all permissions had been obtained for everything to go ahead.
Finally, will most fans actually notice any difference when they come back to Beveree for the Weymouth and Yeovil games?
Lord Elpus

RogerB wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:17 pm Brucie, I'd imagine that Louis Fell is just regurgitating the communique handed to him by the owners.
On balance, and with many reservations, I do feel this is good news, not least because news has been in such short supply over the close season.
Unfortunately, once again, the owners cannot help resorting to hyperbole and corporate jargon so the whole thing is reminiscent of any Conservative Party propaganda communication since Johnson took over.
"Infrastructure and fan experience upgrades" ????
"Stabilise and conduct much needed upgrades to Club operations and infrastructure" ????
"The core, and fundamental, infrastructure has been upgraded" ????
Can someone translate these for me, please?
OK, there are some more details given about the media tower (is this the scaffolding from where matches are filmed?), the ladies' toilet and the club shop but why confuse the issue with all this unnecessary jargon?
There's also continuing vagueness about why the 3G pitch and new floodlights didn't go ahead. What are these "necessary processes"? We were told last season that all permissions had been obtained for everything to go ahead.
Finally, will most fans actually notice any difference when they come back to Beveree for the Weymouth and Yeovil games?
I said this after the supporters evening they held when they took over...they are much better when they don't lapse into the corporate speak. Why do people do this?? We just aren't that type of organisation.
My own personal fan experience upgrade will be considerably enhanced, not to mention upgraded, if we play some decent football and win a few games...I do know that face painting, the musicians and all that stuff isn't particularly aimed at old gits like me, and if it brings in a few families then great, but if they read this (which I doubt) please guys, drop the corporate speak. It does you no favours at all and certainly does nothing to capture hearts and minds.
Cliffp

HamptonMad wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:42 pm Mr Fell. Says what he is told to.
Poor bugger probably believes it as well 🤣