Weymouth home on Tuesday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Cliffp

Just a couple of thoughts of my own from last night,

Aside from the floodlight failure the complete lack of emergency lighting, particularly on the far side of the pitch where the walkway is seriously uneven was a considerable health and safety issue. Clearly there was no planning for this sort of event and lucky that no spectators were injured.

As Tony says, fortunately no evening games in the immediate future but the cause needs to be investigated and remedied pronto as the National League will not tolerate it happing again in the winter months and before the core infrastructure is upgraded.

Don’t the new owners smell great? I was downwind of them at one point and very impressed as they certainly look and smell the part of high rollers.

Who were all the people in suits with earpieces and walkie talkies? Did nobody have a torch to aid the safe passage of spectators from areas were it was dangerously unlit?

If Mel is going to persist with launching it long why don’t we stick one or both of the new owners up top? They’d win their fair share of knockdowns surely?

What was the £750k actually spent on?

At £17 (online) I won’t be rushing back based on that experience.
TW3 Beaver

Cliffp wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:14 pm

What was the £750k actually spent on?

Normally in these circumstances the majority of the money would have been spent on stuff you don't immediately see.
Tony

RogerB wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:23 pm There was no outrage because we were given a prompt explanation and apology.
That failure was due to a local sub station failure, nothing to do with the club. Affected much of central Hampton.
Shepperton Supporter

That failure was due to a local sub station failure, nothing to do with the club. Affected much of central Hampton.
[/quote]
An official statement to this effect would help?
Tony

That comment refers to the Braintree lights failure last season not last night. That was down to a fault at the ground.