New Centenary Club Crest`

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Josh2002

What do we think? Personally think it looks quite nice.

https://twitter.com/HRBFC/status/139719 ... 02629?s=20
Lord Elpus

Yes, looks pretty good. Was a little bit concerned there might have been some kind of sponsor branding in it but this looks quite tasteful! Seems very similar to the Trust's badge.
HamptonMad

Should have Hampton FC on it. Richmond is over the river in Surrey.
Whoryer

Shame the club hasn't changed its name back to Hampton FC in time for the Centenary year
Lord Elpus

Yes, there clearly isn't the appetite for any return to the old name of Hampton FC. Personally I think it's a real shame and a missed opportunity, but as time goes on and new people come in (who are all doing a great job btw) the memories of the old name fade. I know what I refer to the club as.
Jamie

Lord Elpus wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:16 pm Yes, looks pretty good. Was a little bit concerned there might have been some kind of sponsor branding in it but this looks quite tasteful! Seems very similar to the Trust's badge.
You aren't allowed to incorporate sponsors into club badges. Against FA regulations.
Yes Red Bull teams have it, but that's the actually club name.

New crest, nice touch with the gold. Some of the text very small so would be a problem to embroider,
however the last couple of seasons the club have used very smart way of badge on kits and clothing using pre made "woven" badges, that are "applique" (stitched) around the edge. So this version will also work well like that.

It's a good effort.

Personally (and certainly not a dig) I think the true original badge was well ahead of it's time with the simplicity, just for modern times needing cleaning up, then the simple one colour white lines work sitting on any combination of coloured background.
I forget the name off the top of my head who designed it, but did a superb job.

Love the touch at Beveree last year of having all the club badges over the years at the back of the main terracing, looks great!
Shepperton Supporter

Think the original design was done by Bob Tomlin.
HamptonMad

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:40 am Think the original design was done by Bob Tomlin.
Bob Toblin the paper man. Made lots of money for the Club collecting scrap paper. In the 1960's i took pram loads of newspapers to his house in Burtons road. Great man. Bob would of hated the club name change.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Lord Elpus wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:00 am Yes, there clearly isn't the appetite for any return to the old name of Hampton FC. Personally I think it's a real shame and a missed opportunity
I think there is a clear majority among supporters (even including newbies) for correcting the name and losing the "Richmond Borough" gimmick. A motion at the next Supporters Trust AGM to have a vote on the subject among supporters may be the next logical step...?

I think the issue is that at board level changing the name will involve lots of expense and administration, and there certainly isn't any appetite for that. We would need to change all of the signage, FA registration, Companies House, documents, etc. It's an inconvenience that nobody can be bothered to take on (that isn't a criticism by the way, I totally understand why people wouldn't want to take that on).

I don't think we should give up on restoring the club's true name and identity though, just because of a missed opportunity with the centenary ;)
RogerB

Reluctant to criticize nice people who have been so supportive of the club these last two or three years but I do think the centenary crest they've come up with is rather dowdy and a disappointing replacement for the brilliant shield we have been using recently. Hope we go back to the latter at the end of the centenary year.
HamptonMad

Hampton fc ceased in 1999. Hampton and Richmond borough is only 22 years old. No Centenary .
Jamie

HamptonMad wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:27 pm Hampton fc ceased in 1999. Hampton and Richmond borough is only 22 years old. No Centenary .
It didn't "cease" it's a continuation of the same club with a name change. Just like Manchester United, and Birmingham City started with different names.

I think you are confusing things with the likes of Aldershot and Wimbledon.