Lewes away.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
tones

It's clear a change of manager is needed now before our season gets any worse. Nothing seems to be working on the pitch and these players and tactics are down to the manager. Where are all the football contacts we were told would be available to the club. We at least need to get someone in who can score
or create some goals!
Shepperton Supporter

I am sure you will all want to read this!!

https://lewesfc.com/news/rooks-into-the ... d-borough/
Adam

I see Braintree won yesterday. So our game with them will be postponed on the 14th as that is the next round.
HamptonLifer5

ill tell you what, that makes next saturday at havant even more important for mel, 2 weeks is by far enough time for a switch, as shown by managers sacked during international breaks. mind you I still believe that he should remain the manager for a tad while longer, but recruitment needs to be improved, and fast, and obviously so do results
Jamie

In the documentary, Mel even says he wasn't brought in to be manager.
He seems a nice guy, but maybe that is part of the problem. If he is relieved of the first team manager/head coach role, will he be kept on for what his initial role was intended to be?
As if he is completely let go, then the owners bigger plan is surely almost completely ripped up, also in the documentary Mel says spoke to the brothers 18 months ago, and the documentary is from last season, so he must have been lined up many months before a takeover was even proposed.
It's all very strange, and things don't seem to line up.
Tony

Mel has said he was approached early on through I think Paul Tisdale (Tisdale is a shareholder/advisor in the holding company), and although we did interview other candidates, it seems that Mel was always favourite. My understanding also was that he would have a wider developmental role across the club given his experience and skill set. Nothing wrong with that as new owners wanted their own man who had already bought into the new vision, and it was their money after all. My question was always what happens if the first team manager element of the role didn’t work out. Do you risk starting again with someone else, or bring in someone alongside which may create difficult relationships to manage. Managers want to control the choice of players, tactics etc, and mostly a say in how other teams interact as a pathway into the First XI. I am not sure we are yet big enough to have the luxury of two roles although that would be for the club to decide.
Adam

Adam wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:00 pm I see Braintree won yesterday. So our game with them will be postponed on the 14th as that is the next round.
Further to this Dover have Eastleigh in the 4th qualifying round. If Dover can spring an upset then our game away to them on the 4th November would go the same way.
Adam

Adam wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:00 pm I see Braintree won yesterday. So our game with them will be postponed on the 14th as that is the next round.
Replaced with Dartford at home. Which was down for a Tuesday night in January.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Anyone know who the match officials were for this one?