Havant away

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
EastTerracer

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:25 pm Yes a much needed win.
Read on our hosts twitter page that a red card was shown to someone on our bench for time wasting?
Shane Dunne according to Radio Beaver.
Josh2002

Much better today, everyone dug in, Bloomfield and CKB were brilliant when they came on. Havant look a really poor side. Shane Dunne was sent off for holding onto the ball late on. Hopefully this kick starts a run.
geedub

Josh2002 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:57 pm Shane Dunne was sent off for holding onto the ball late on. Hopefully this kick starts a run.
Hopefully not a run of red cards...

Of course, our league match sequence of red cards is currently longer than our win sequence but let's hope we can turn that around.
Tony

A good win in the circumstances but need to carry this into the next game. It really could have gone either way with two equally matched sides both with periods of pressure and good chances not taken. Fortunately we got the goal a bit out of nothing with a good strike by CKB. We did at least try to play some passing football but still a bit addicted to the long ball forward. Seymour ran his socks off and defence much better. I thought Havant might have been a bit better. Somewhat reliant on Faal who went close to winning it for Havant.
Lord Elpus

Havant are clearly a side going through a transitional stage at the moment, so not a bad time to play them. I expected a bit more of the new manager bounce from them.
We are so much better when we don't just lump the ball forward.
Overall, a very important win, and it was streets ahead of last week's woeful display at Lewes, but let's not get carried away, there are still things to put right.
TW3 Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:25 pm Yes a much needed win.
Read on our hosts twitter page that a red card was shown to someone on our bench for time wasting?
It was mentioned in the commentary, but not sure who it was.

Check that just seen a post above.
BeaverWatcher

A good win yesterday and a good response when going 1 down so early on. Donaldson looked our best player before going off injured and we took a bit of time to readjust after that. Couple of really smart saves from Debois as well. KCB looked lively when he came on and when we got the ball down and played we looked decent again. Just need to be calm and not resort to the long ball as it doesn't play to Seymours strengths at all and, I believe, he is a very good player which showed in glimpses when we did move the ball quickly and along the ground.

Havant were very poor but I'm sure that when they open the cheque book proper for Steve King they will become a better side, it was a good time to play them as he hasn't had a chance to put his stamp on the club yet.
TW3 Beaver

EastTerracer wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:39 pm
Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:25 pm
Bit harsh to be shown a red card for what in essence was time wasting.

Had he already been booked?
Shepperton Supporter

From the reports it seems there was improvement from the disastrous Lewes game. Obviously there is considerable scope for improvement and we are still well short of a team looking to get into the playoffs.
Dartford might give us an indication whether the upturn is temporary or an indication of a trend.
ChazRivers

TW3 Beaver wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:53 pm
EastTerracer wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:39 pm
Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:25 pm
Bit harsh to be shown a red card for what in essence was time wasting.

Had he already been booked?
I don’t think Shane was actually listed on the bench either? He was standing on the terrace behind the bench at the start of the game and Mel invited him in.
HamptonLifer5

There was a whole committee on the bench yesterday, Shane, Jules, JT I believe as well as all the Actual Coaching staff.