Club Colours

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Jamie

The blue is too dark for FA rules,
but I think Dartford have turned up in a colour clash because of poor confirmation of colours.
I have seen first hand a lot of club secretaries when confirming club colours saying "blue"
yet sky blue, royal blue, navy blue etc can all be very different.

It's mad really as I'm sure the league handbook has images of the kits in it for clubs to look at.
Good on the referee for making the team change, however really it should have been done prior to the kick off, as it's clear those colours were going to cause a problem.

I always lover the unique colours of Hampton.
Shirts, Red with variations of blue, usually navy.
White shorts
navy socks.
stunning!

Would really love to see red and navy quarter shirts to reflect the club badge, with white shorts and mainly navy socks.
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:51 pm Must be a first in club history to change kit at half time. I wonder why the ref allowed the obvious clash of colours in the first half.
Seem to remember Alex Ferguson changed Man U at Southampton some years age?
Tony

Sorry meant our club history. I think most people remember the Man U awful grey shirt debacle.
TW10

First half the colour clash was just silly, could hardly make out the two sides in the sun.. must have been difficult to ref. Mel was telling the lino early in this was a problem.. the blue kit generally isn’t great to view and will be worse when it’s dark and under the lights.
EastTerracer

TW10 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:13 pm First half the colour clash was just silly, could hardly make out the two sides in the sun.. must have been difficult to ref. Mel was telling the lino early in this was a problem.. the blue kit generally isn’t great to view and will be worse when it’s dark and under the lights.
It's a very dull kit but that was the 5th time we started in it. Hopefully the monochrome sequence will be broken soon with us yet to play in a red shirt and blue shorts. IMO that should be the home kit forthwith.
ExRef

Interesting that all the advertising hoardings had been removed from around the ground on Saturday except for the two sets of red and blue boards at the “top” end. Perhaps an indication that we might be reverting to the preferred colour combination mentioned above ?
BeaverWatcher

ExRef wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:49 pm Interesting that all the advertising hoardings had been removed from around the ground on Saturday except for the two sets of red and blue boards at the “top” end. Perhaps an indication that we might be reverting to the preferred colour combination mentioned above ?
There has been no advertising boards at any of the games so far, including the league sponsorship signs which, I believe, are required to be displayed as part of the league contract with Vanarama and it's other principle sponsors.
RogerB

Not sure how easy it would be to change the home kit that we’ve already registered with the league.
As for the lack of adverts around the ground, that is a strange one as they would have brought in more money for the club and supported local businesses, both of which I would have thought the new owners wanted.
Les1949

RogerB wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:04 pm Not sure how easy it would be to change the home kit that we’ve already registered with the league.
As for the lack of adverts around the ground, that is a strange one as they would have brought in more money for the club and supported local businesses, both of which I would have thought the new owners wanted.
I am reliably informed (via a previous club official, no names, no pack drill) that our owners are only interested in 'big' companies not local companies! The sort that invest in Premier League clubs.
RogerB

That doesn’t seem to fit in with their much-heralded Community Commitment!
KewBeaver

Don't Village Grill provide the food?
And when I came out of the station for the game on Saturday I noticed that some of the shops now have fixture posters for home games in the window (the supermarket next to The Worlds End)
Tony

Very analogue!