Worthing home on Tuesday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Big Rich

Great win! Well done all!
Tony

I’ve not seen every game but that was by far the best we’ve played of the games I have seen. Worthing are a decent side and were on top for the first 20 minutes but we worked our way back and started to look equally likely to score before half time. We had a bit of luck with the goals, the first took a useful deflection, the second a slightly soft penalty as Inman was heading away from the penalty area and the third their keeper spilled Fernandez’ shot straight to Seymour. Whittingham did brilliantly on a solo counter attack down the left wing when he had just been brought on at right back. Winning does wonders for confidence. I see Torquay lost tonight so no reason to think we can’t give it a real go on Saturday. Keep it going.
Shepperton Supporter

Would agree that in the second half especially we played better than in the previous games that I have seen us play. We were helped by a couple of excellent saves by Adam and he has been very impressive in recent games.
Hall started a full game and showed some shrewd passes, his goal was fortunate. As it was the first time I had seen him play, thought he had a slight limp and he had to be substituted. Bloomfield coming on balanced up the attack and we looked a much greater goal threat. Seymour is a natural scorer and his second illustrated it. So nice to have a reliable penalty taker. Wittingham added energy up front when he came on and scored a good goal, wonder if he might join a three man attack?
Onto Torquay on Saturday, a tough fixture and a test of our improved form.
BeaverWatcher

Was an enjoyable game which Worthing contributed to as they continued to try and plan an open and expansive game throughout. This certainly aided us and, in the second half, took full advantage the space they afforded us.

It was good to see us try and play more to Seymour's natural strength's as he played off the shoulder's of the defender and we looked more to try and play him in the channels, it didn't always come off but the team kept at it.

I'd expect Torquay to be more along the Yeovil style side than Worthing with more than a smattering of giants which we will need to get to grips with but have now got a good base to build on.
HamptonMad

Worthing game highlights and goals now on youtube.
EastTerracer

The team certainly looked better connected and more confident in defence. Seymour offers a lot and we used him much better. I think he could work well with Whittingham who also has a lot of energy but he seems out of favour.
TW3 Beaver

HamptonMad wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:29 pm Worthing game highlights and goals now on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA_QZHaL_wg
Mucky knees

HM that's not last night's game it's from the 22/23 season!!!

MK